Chapter Eighteen

Atticus POV

Sylis sighed as he gently swiped his thumb across my cheek, wiping away a rebel tear that had rolled down my cheek. With a tearful gaze, I looked up at him from where I sat on the couch consumed by a big navy blue blanket. It was about 5:30 a.m. and our only source of light was the fire that danced in the fireplace. He stood on his knees in front of where I sat on the couch, his body hunched over mine as those golden orbs if his peered down at me. As soon as I locked eyes with him I knew it was time. My bottom lip began trembling and tears began rolling fast down my cheeks.

"Atticus, don't cry." He sighed with a hint of agitation as he ran his thick fingers through my messy hair in an attempt to calm me down.

"P-please not leaves. N-no leaves Atticus lone. Atticus lone b-bad-bad voice mean Atticus. Bad voice st-stays Atticus head. B-bad voice way roun' Sylis." I hiccuped, my hands shooting out if my cocoon to clutch his shirt tightly as I begged.

"Atticus I want you to look at me and listen to me." He said sternly, grabbing my chin and forcing me to look at him." I'm never going to leave you alone again. I promise. You won't be alone today I made sure of that. Jackie is going to be here with you. You're going to help her take care of some pups she's babysitting today okay?" He said softly as he placed his huge hands on mine and began gently rubbing them.

"Atticus wants goes Sylis." I whimpered, leaning up to wrap my arms around him and bury my face in his neck.

"I know you do Atticus. I want you to go too, but you have to stay here. Valientin and I refuse to have a repeat of last time I took you to the training center. We refuse to let anyone pick up the scent of your arousal. That's ours, as well as what's down here." He grumbled as he buried his nose in my hair and squeezed me gently through my pants causing me to gasp." I'll be back before you know it and if there's an emergency Jackie will mind link me and I'll be here sooner than you can say my name. Okay little pest?" He asked softly as he gently rubbed my back.

I whimpered in his ear, clutching him tighter only for him to let out a soft sigh and pry me off of him.

"I was afraid you wouldn't let me leave. So I brought this down stairs with us." He said, pulling my bear from his back pocket." He's also going to stay with you today alright? I will come back little pest. I'm not leaving you." He said with a smile, handing me my bear before standing to his feet.

He quickly turned his back to me, a small cry leaving my lips as he began to walk away. He let out a aggravated growl, his shoulders dropping as he slowly turned around.

A whimper of fear slipped from my throat as the growl reached my ears.

"What is it Atticus?" He asked.

"At-atticus k-kissies?" I asked softly, my knees shaking slightly as I slowly stood up on the couch so I could match his towering height.

Regret flashed through his eyes before the corner of his lip twitched up into a smile. I gave him a weak smile as he walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist. Slowly and cautiously I wrapped my arms around his neck, my fingers playing with the hairs on his neck.He gently cupped my cheeks in his hands before pressing his lips to mine.

"Lovies Sylis." I whispered softly.

"I love you too." He said with a smile, pecking my lips once more before making me sit back down on the couch.

With my bear clutched to my chest and got fat tears rolling down my cheeks I watched him leave the room. I whimpered as I heard the front door slam shut behind him as he left the house.

I sat, waiting to hear the door open once more and see Sylis coming back to get me and take me with him. The longer I waited the more my heart began to ache as I realized he wasn't going to coming back.