Chapter Nine

Atticus POV

I laid on my side, tears slipping over the bridge of my nose and splashing against the pillow beneath my head. My bear was wrapped in my arms and held close to my chest, it's soft fabric rubbing against my bare skin.

"You're so big of a screw up that you can't even kill yourself right. Your the most pathetic person on the entire planet. It will be a miracle of the Goddess let's you see the gates to her kingdom." The voice hissed, disappointment and anger clear in every word.

A whimper bubbled from my throat, my body shaking as I tried to swallowed the sobs that begged to slip past my lips. I knew what the voice said was true, I was pathetic. Sylis could never love someone like me. He said so himself.

I wanted the voice to go away. I wanted to be free of the pain that I felt. The pain that put knots inside my stomach, the pain that made my heart ache every time it pumped blood through my body. I was tired, so tired. I begged to the Goddess that one day she would let me fall asleep and never wake up again.

A chill swept over my body causing me to shiver and pull the blanket over my bare shoulders. Sylis's scent assaulted my nose every time I breathed in, torturing me by suffocating me with the memory of him. Reminding me that I would never be good enough for him.

His words echoed around my head, the anger in his eyes etched into my brain. I cried as the echoing in my head became louder and louder until all I could hear was the words 'I could never love you' being shouted in Sylis's voice.

"Stop. P-please." I whimpered curling into myself, pain blossoming across my abdomen at the action.

"Atticus?" The Luna called out, her voice dripping with concern.

This was the second time the Luna had been in here tonight. I was on watch now, sharp things had been taken out of the room and the fire had been doused leaving me to fend for myself for warmth. All I had was my bear, he was the only friend I had, the one thing that didn't hurt me like everyone else did. I could touch him, cuddle him, and sleep next to him and he gave no complaints. His beady yellow eyes cold and dull, and his mouth stitched into a smile that would stay there forever. He's the closest thing I can get to being happy.

With tears in my eyes I nestled my face into my bears soft stomach, hiding as the Luna approached me. I didn't want her to see I was crying again. She might be like Sylis and realize how pathetic I am and hurt me.

"Sweetie? Are you okay?" She cooed softly, her motherly voice calling out to me.

"A-atticus fine Luna." I said in a barely audible whisper, the sound slightly muffled by my bear.

"Are you sure? I heard you crying. Does your wounds hurt?" She asked and I could mentally see her face twisted with worry, her hands twitching by her side to reach out and touch me.

"Atticus sure." I mumbled, lying right through my teeth.

The truth was, everything hurt. It hurt to move, to breathe, it even hurt to blink. I was in pain, but there was nothing she could do to help me.

"Okay sweetie, just yell if you need me." She said softly.

She sounds like my mommy when she talks like that.

I missed my mommy.

I missed my daddy.

I missed Carlisle.

I missed all of them so much.

"Atticus misses, bear. Atticus misses lots." I whispered into my bears stomach, tears building in my eyes, yet I refused to let them fall.

My bear could hate me too if I cried to much, he just couldn't say if he did or not.

As these thoughts swarmed around my head I found my eyes becoming heavy. I pulled my bare from my face and pressed it to my chest, cuddling to him as sleep slowly swept over my body.

********

The sound of a dresser drawer slamming shut startled me awake, clutching my bear to my chest in fear. I was greeted with the sight if Sylis standing by the bathroom, dressed in nothing but a towel that was wrapped around his waist. The light from the bathroom casted a glow on his built body, my eyes catching on his chest where three long scars rested diagonally from his left shoulder.

"I can feel you staring you know." He grumbled, as he used another towel to dry his hair.

I whimpered, pain shooting through my abdomen as I rolled over to my other side. I bit my tongue to hold in my cries of pain and desperately tried to blink away the tears that had formed in my eyes.

"Would you be careful and not rip your stitches? I've already lost one set of sheets to you I'm not ready to lose another." He snapped causing me to wince.

Minutes passed before Sylis appeared in my line of vision again, this time he was dressed in a wife beater and a pair of sweat pants while his slightly damp hair was tousled and resting against his forehead. I watched him lay down on the couch, his feet propped on the arm and the rest of his body hidden behind the back of the couch.

I blinked hard, rebel tears slipping down my face and a soft sob slipping from my lips.

"For Goddess sake stop crying." Sylis groaned angrily, a annoyed growl leaving his lips.

"Atticus s-sorry." I whispered. " Atticus w-wished Sylis wants." I said before pulling my blanket closer to me.

His fierce growl thundered through the room, a small scream of fear leaving my lips as I waited for the punch, the claws, the whip, anything that would cause me pain but instead I was greeted with the worst pain of all. The door slamming shut.

He left me.

Again.

I sobbed, clutching my bear to my chest as I cried and cried until I cried myself to sleep.