Chapter Twenty Six

Atticus POV

I groaned as an annoying beeping sound filled my ears, waking me up from my sleep. With difficulty I pried my heavy eye lids open only to find myself alone in a cold white hospital room. Slowly I sat up, my eyes scanning the empty room just before a nurse walked in. He looked up from his clipboard, glancing in my direction before looking back down at his papers. It was then he did a double take his eyes wide as he looked at me. Without a word he quickly left the room, his shoes squeaking as he ran down the hallway. 

A few minutes later the man came back, this time he wasn't alone. Another man in a long white coat walked into the room, his lips curled upward into a smile. 

"Hello Atticus, its nice to finally see you awake. " he said walking over to me, pulling a pen from out of his pocket. "Jamie please call Alpha Eric and inform him that Atticus is awake." he said with a smile as he turned his attention back towards me. "Atticus you have been a in a coma for the past week. Do you remember what happened before you passed out?" he asked softly. 

"Bad storm." I whispered hoarsely. 

"That's right." he grinned. " Now I'm going to do some quick tests before Alpha Eric gets here to pick you up alright?" he asked and he clicked the his pen, only for a light to shine through the part that you were supposed to write with.

"Where Atticus Sylis?" I asked, his smile quickly vanishing from his face. 

"Alpha Eric will be able to answer that when he gets here now focus on my finger while I check your pupils." he said, holing one finger in the air.

Just as the doctor, whose name turned out to be Henry, finished his tests Alpha Eric and Elijah, who was carrying a plastic bag, walked into the room.

"Good morning Alpha Eric, I just finished a few tests and I'm happy to announce that hes ready to go home. Just keep an eye on him tonight and if anything seems to be wrong bring him back and we will take a look. Ill be right back with the discharge papers." he said, leaving us alone in the room. 

"Are you ready to go home Atticus?" Alpha Eric smiled as he sat on the edge of the bed by my feet. 

"Alpha Eric? Where Sylis?" I asked softly.

Just like Doctor Henry, Alpha Eric's smile vanished from his lips. He turned to look at Elijah, and the sad look in his eye made a bad feeling form in the pit of my stomach. 

"Atticus," Eric trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"Sylis has been locked away in the dungeon and he is going to stay there for a few months as punishment for attacking several pack members that work here at the pack hospital, as well as me and challenging Eric for his alpha title." Elijah said with no emotion in his voice.

"Atticus no's believe. Sylis no' do's that." I said nervously, my voice shaking. 

"Atticus calm down, its okay." Eric said softly. 

"Atticus sees. Sees Sylis!" I pleaded, tears forming in my eyes. 

"That's not a good idea Atticus. He is very unstable. We can-" 

"No. You can see him Atticus. You need to see who your mate truly is." Elijah interrupted.

"Elijah, you-" 

"Eric he needs to know exactly who Sylis is. This is the only way." Elijah said. " Go change into these clothes and I will take you." he said, handing the plastic bag to me. 

As fast as I could, I took the bag and ran into the bathroom to change.

********

My heart was beating erratically in my chest as we walked past all the cells memories of my own time in a place like this racing through my mind. My thoughts were interrupted as a bone chilling and anger filled scream bounced off the walls that surrounded Elijah and I. I gulped, fear wrapping around my spine as we came upon the cell that emitted these terrifying noises. 

I looked into the cell, tears coming to my eyes as I saw Sylis chained to the floor with sweat running down his face. He huffed, growls slipping past his lips as he sat on his knees with his head bowed.I screamed as he released an animistic growl that turned into a scream as he pulled as his restraints, every muscle in his body bulging from beneath his skin. As soon as my scream reached his ears his head snapped up and revealed the most bone chilling expression I'd ever seen.

His black hair was soaked with sweat and brushing against his damp forehead that was riddles with lines as he knitted his eyebrows together out of anger. His teeth were replaced with long, sharp fangs that were clenched together and bared towards us threateningly. His mouth seem to foam with saliva as he growled towards us, and his eyes were not the ones I had come to love. These golden orbs glowed with nothing but pure hatred and rage. 

I was terrified of the man I saw before me.

"Good morning Sylis." Elijah greeted coldly, stepping into the light and allowing Sylis to see him.

"Let me out of here you piece of shit!" he screamed.

I couldn't stop the tears that formed in my eyes, nor could I prevent the whimper that slipped past my lips. 

"Whats the matter Elijah? You scared?" he chuckled darkly. 

"That wasn't me Sylis." Elijah smiled.

"Oh you brought a friend huh? Sounds like they are kind of a pussy. If your gonna bring friends down here to torture me then you should bring someone whose got a pair of balls. Show your face shithead! I wanna see the pansy Elijah brought down here." he snarled.

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I forced my gaze to look up at Elijah, who was holding out a hand for me to take. Shakily I slipped my small hand into his, stepping into the light. 

"A-Atticus." my name left his lips as a whisper causing me to flinch. 

"This is who Sylis truly is Atticus. He isn't the man you know and he is way worse than the asshole you first met. This is his true identity." Elijah said softly.

A sob slipped past my lips, my bottom lip quivering as I looked back towards Sylis. 

"N-No. Elijah, please. I'm sorry for what I said, please! Don't do this! Please." Sylis begged.

"Atticus needs to know who is mate truly is Sylis. He needs to know the dangers that come along with Sylis Black." Elijah said softly. 

Tears streamed down Sylis's cheeks as he looked at me, silently pleading me to not believe him. 

"Come on Atticus, lets go." Elijah said, gently leading me away.

"No! Atticus please! Elijah don't take him away please! I'm sorry!" Sylis begged as we began walking down the corridor.

The further away we got, the less I could hear Sylis calling my name.