Chapter Thirteen

Sylis POV

"Do you want to come tell them goodbye?" Eric asked as he stood in the door way of my bedroom.

I ignored him, continuing to stare into the flames that danced inside the fireplace. I looked down at the stuffed bear that I held in my free hand, giving it a gentle squeeze before throwing it over my shoulder in Eric's direction. Soon after I heard Eric sigh before the door clicked shut behind him as he left.

"Looks like its just you and me now Valentin. Cheers." I said softly, downing the rest of my whisky.

Sighing I ran my fingers through my thick locks, tugging gently before I stood to my feet. I looked between my empty glass in my hand and the whisky bottle that sat on the mantle , humming I sat the glass down and grabbed the bottle. Unscrewing the cap I placed the bottle to my lips and took a long swing. When Atticus was far enough away from me the bond would brake in a way that it could never be fixed, and it was going to hurt when it happened. I wanted to be drunk when it did, drunk enough I wouldn't feel it, drunk enough I wouldn't remember it ever broke. I groaned as my bedroom door opened,lightly slamming my forehead against the mantel.

"Eric I don-" the words vanishing as I turned around. "Atticus." his name fell from my lips in a whisper as I saw him standing in the door way, his head hung low to avoid my gaze and his bear clutched tight in his hands. "What are you doing here?" I snapped, turning my tone ice cold.

He kept his head down and slowly walked towards me, his steps growing more hesitant the closer he got.

"Atticus just go." I said turning my back to him and taking another swig from the bottle.

I tensed as I felt his arms wrap around my waist, burying his face in the small of my back.

"Atticus please." I whispered, gripping the mantel with my free hand to brace myself as my knees began to shake." You should be afraid of me." I grunted straightening myself up.

My only response was him nuzzling my back with his nose and whimpering. I turned around and removed his arms from around my waist and pushing him away from my body. He gasped as he stumbled backwards, tripping over his own feet and falling backwards onto the couch.

"Why do you keep coming near me?!" I yelled." I keep hurting you! I should terrify you after last night! I'm a monster Atticus! Cant you see that?! I am a monster!" I screamed, towering over him as he sat on the couch.

"Sy-sylis not hurt Atticus." he said, looking up at me with those green eyes.

"Atticus I am the offspring of a demon and a werewolf mating. You've seen what my wolf looks like. I cant control him. Why can't you see that I'm trying to protect you?!" I said stepping closer

Atticus only stood up in response, his neck craned to look up at me and our bodies almost touching.

"Valentin no hurts Atticus." He said, his voice not containing a hint of fear.

"How do you know?!" I snapped, gripping him by his shoulders. "How do you know that Atticus?"

"Valentin and Sylis need Atticus. Atticus need Sylis and Valentin." he said.

"I'm scared Atticus." I whispered and using one hand to cup his cheek, skimming my thumb across his cheek bone.

"It okay." He whispered just as softly as me, cupping my hand with his much smaller one." All okay." He whispered.

"I don't want to hurt you. Valentin doesn't want to hurt you." I said, watching as he stood on his toes, pressing himself to my chest.

"No hurts." He said in an almost inaudible whisper, his lips brushing against my jaw.

The feeling of his lips against my skin drove me crazy. Ever since he'd kissed me the first time I'd been craving to kiss him.

And that's just what I did.

A growl rumbled from my chest as I bent down and captured his lips with mine. He gasped, his hands gripping my plad navy blue button up t-shirt. Crouching slightly I picked him up, his legs wrapping around my torso and my hands slipping down to his ass to hold him up.

He whimpered against my lips, his hands coming up and gripping my hair as I carried him to the bed.

"Mine." I growled as I laid him down on the bed before me.

His face was flushed, his breathing escalated, his eyes locked with mine.

"At-atticus Slylis an Va-valentin." He panted holding my face in his small hands.

I growled and slammed my lips to his once more, a small moan slipping past his lips.

"Atticus it's time to g-"

A thunderous growl left my throat as I looked back to Lennon who stood in the door way, his eyes wide and his mouth agape.

"Mine." I snarled, shaking violently.

"Alpha Lennon. Back away slowly and don't say anything." Eric said, watching me as he slowly shut the door.

My attention was brought back to Atticus as he ran his small hands up my chest, his arms wrapping around my neck in attempt to calm my shaking. I sat on my legs, pulling him up with my hand and burying my face in his nape, inhaling as much of his scent as I could.

"I'm sorry Atticus. I'm so sorry." I whimpered as I held him. "I-i'll fix it. I-i'll fix everything I d-did wrong. Just-

Please don't le-leave me." I sobbed.

"No leaves. No leaves Sylis. Sylis no cry." He said kissing my tears away as I cried.

"I-im sorry. We're sorry." I whimpered.

"It okay." He whispered, pulling back and looking down at me."It be okay." He said, his green eyes sparkling as he smiled at me.

He leaned down and rubbed our noses together a chuckle leaving my lips. Only a few seconds later his mouth opened wide in a yawn, his hand coming up to rub his eyes.

"Atticus sleepy." He whispered.

I nodded and got off the bed, causing him to whimper.

"I'm not going anywhere." I said, walking to the dresser and grabbing one of my old button up shirts.

I pulled Atticus's t-shirt over his head and stripped him of his pants, leaving him in nothing but his boxers. I slowly pulled my shirt over his head, the fabric swallowing his small form.

I stripped down to my boxers and fixed the bed, letting Atticus slip under the covers before I followed suit. I laid their unsure of what to do as I looked down at him. He ignored my confusion and nuzzled into my side.

Still confused of what exactly I was supposed to do, I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer to me. I nuzzled my nose into his tousled hair as he rubbed his cheek against my chest.

"Good night Atticus." I whispered.

"Night night Sylis." He whispered kissing my chest before settling down and falling asleep.