Chapter Thirty Four

Sylis POV

I raked my fingers through my hair nervously as I let out a shaky breath.

"Sylis breath buddy you have nothing to worry about. Whats the worst he could say?  No?" Eric chuckled.

I glared at him as his brain registered the words he just said. 

"Sorry." he said sheepishly, making me roll my eyes.

"Dumbass." I groaned, pressing the palm of my hands into my eyes.

"Hey, just because your nervous doesn't mean you have to be an asshole." Eric pouted. 

"Why am I friends with you again?" I asked as I glared at him.

"Because I am the one who found you after you killed your pack and I've been with you ever since." he grinned proudly as he patted my back, his words sending a knife straight into my heart.

Guilt wrapped around my heart and squeezed it painfully as I looked at my best friend and offered him a weak smile. So badly I wanted to tell him the truth, to tell him about Elijah, but I knew if I did I would be breaking the promise I made to Elijah many years ago.  

Confusion grew withing me as I saw Eric's eyes widen, a cheek splitting grin forming on his face. 

"Sylis?" Atticus called from behind me. 

I turned around to face him, my heart skipping a beat as my eyes landed on his sweet face. His face wore a shy little grin, his dimples showing themselves as he looked up at me through his lashes. 

"How Atticus look?" he asked softly.

My eyes scanned his body, drinking in his adorable appearance as his new beige colored sweater swallowed him whole, his legs covered by dark jeans, and his feet encases in brown boots. It wasn't until I was done checking him out that I realized everyone in the room had their eyes on me and were waiting for an answer. 

"You look breathtaking." I smiled, a blush forming on his cheeks as I made my way towards him. 

"Thank." he said shyly as he buried his face in my stomach causing me to chuckle.

"I love you Atticus. " I said softly, leaning down to kiss his messy mop of brown hair. 

"Atticus lovies Sylis." he said grinning up at me, the warmth in his eyes making my heart melt. 

"Lets go." I said with a smile as I grabbed his hand. 

"Good luck." Eric whispered in my ear as we walked past him and Jackie. 

********

I held his small hand in mine as we drove,a peaceful silence filling the cab of the truck. I couldn't wrap my brain around the fact that it had been an entire year since I'd first meet Atticus. He had changed little by little during that time. His features had changed slightly, gaining more meat on his bones making him look so much more healthier than in the beginning of our relationship. This was not only a plus for him, but for me as well because his squishy little thighs drove me wild.

I didn't bother teaching him how to speak properly simply because I love how he talks. It's one of the things that makes Atticus who he is and I wouldn't change it for the world, but if he ever wanted to learn I would gladly teach him because I know it would make him happy. I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye, a smile on my lips as he watched the scenery go by.

I loved his undying curiosity and his new found will to explore, sure over the past months he's gotten himself in a little trouble with his exploring but that didn't stop him. Atticus made everything seem brighter, he is the breath of fresh air on a gloomy day. He always managed to make me smile no matter what he did. He is my world

I felt his eyes on me causing me to glance away from the road and look at him.

"What is it little pest?" I smiled, squeezing his hand. 

"Sylis handsome." he giggled, running his hand across the stubble on my cheek and making me blush. 

"Thank you baby." I said awkwardly causing him to giggle. 

The time in the truck was short as we arrived to my hide away spot. I backed up next to the tree in order to get a better view of the city. I left Atticus in the truck as I opened the tailgate and laid a blanket across the bed of my truck. I placed the container full of my home made chicken spaghetti on top of the blanket before turning on some music and placing Atticus in the bed. 

I climbed on next to him before opening the food container and handing him a fork. We took our time eating our food and talking about random things that came to mind.  

When the intro to the song I had been waiting on all night finally play, my hands immediately started sweating as my nerves got the best of me.

"Stand up baby." I said, taking his hand and helping him up. 

I lead him to the back glass of the truck, standing beside him while  we looked out into the city. I let out a shaky breath as I stepped in front of him. 

" Atticus, I know I'm not the best mate in the entire world. I know I really fucked up in the beginning of our relationship. I'm so grateful that you never gave up on me no matter what I did. In the beginning I didn't realize how much I needed you, but as you weaseled your way into my heart I realized I don't ever want to lose you. Ever since I fell in love with you, I've tried to be the best mate I can be for you. You are the  most precious thing in the world to me so now I ask along with being trying to be the best mate for you." I rambled nervously, reaching into my pocket and retrieving the ring before getting down on one knee in front of him. "I want to ask if I can try to be the best husband for you." I said locking eyes with him as I presented him the ring. "Atticus... Will you marry me?" I asked, my voice shaking as I stared into his tear filled eyes. 

"Yes!" He said with a smile as tears slipped down his cheeks. 

I smiled, slipping the black obsidian ring with a green opal middle onto his ring finger. I let out a relived laugh, tears slipping down my cheeks as I scooped him into my arms and spun him around. 

"I love you Atticus, with all of my heart." I whispered as I set him back down, staring into those green orbs of his.

"Atticus lovies Sylis." He sobbed, smiling up at me as his fingers played with the hairs on my neck.

With a grin on my cheeks I leaned down and captured his lips with mine.

********

Hey guys! I hope you liked the chapter! I thought the song All Of Me fit perfectly with Atticus and Sylis's story and I hope you guys thought so too! I just wanted to tell you there is only 1 chapter left until I begin working on the re-write of the second book! These next chapter will also be in Sylis's POV because Atticus has had most of the spot light with both books and I want Sylis to get some love too. Again for those of you who read the original please don't spoil anything for the new readers! Love you guys!