Chapter Fifteen

Sylis POV

The dining room chair groaned in protest as I leaned my back against it. My arm was propped up on the arm of the chair, my cheek resting on my closed fist as my eyes locked on Atticus who was sitting in my lap. He was dressed in one of my button up shirts and a pair of black basketball shorts, the clothing items to big for his body. That didn't affect him at all as he greedily slurped his chicken broth from the spoon he held the way a child would. He had a smile on his lips as he ate, holding my free hand with his.

"Sylis want?" He asked, offering me a spoon full of soup as his mouth glistened from the golden liquid.

I chuckled and took the offering, swallowing quickly before leaning up and pressing my lips to his. He gasped as my tongue darted out and cleaned his lips from his watery breakfast, giving me the perfect opportunity to slip my tongue in his mouth. Reluctantly I pulled away and watched in amusement and his cheeks flamed red with embarrassment. I couldn't stop the chuckled that bubbled up my throat as he squeezed my hand and turned away from me, continuing to eat and hide his burning face.

"Atticus." Alpha Lennon called, announcing his presence as he stood in the door way of the dining room.

The little humans head snapped up, a smile playing on his once again soup covered lips.

"Alpha Lemon!" He squealed excitedly to greet the man, placing his spoon in his bowl before hoping out of my lap and running to hug the Alpha.

I watched with an emotionless face as Atticus wrapped his arms around Lennon's waist. My hands clenched the arms of my chair as I watched the display, my chest constricting in pain causing me to let out an involuntary grunt. Mine and Atticus's bond was still teetering on the edge of severing meaning I could still lose him to this blonde haired Alpha.

Atticus's head snapped up to look at me as he heard my grunt of pain, concern immediately washing over his features.

"Sylis hurts?" He asked worriedly, abandoning Lennon to rush to my side.

"I'm okay Atticus." I said, grunting out the lie, and plastering a smile on my face all while Lennon watched with a knowing smile.

The human wasn't convinced, his eyebrows furrowing together in determination as he climbed into my lap. Once he was seated comfortably on my lap he leaned forward and wrapped his arms around my chest and nuzzled his head under my chin. He gently kissed my jaw as he laid on me, all these actions soothing the pain in my heart.

"I'm okay Atticus." I grumbled softly, gently running my hand up and down his back.

He sat up slightly to place his lips on my cheek before resting his head on my shoulder once more with a sigh of content leaving his lips. After all that's happened I still couldn't believe the little pest is willing to be this close to me and kiss my cheek freely out in the open.

"You need to finish your breakfast." I mumbled, gently nudging him to make him sit up.

"Okay." He said, turning around in my lap and began to eat once more.

"Atticus, we need to talk." Lennon said softly, taking the seat closest to us and gaining my little pests attention." Atticus I want you to come back to my pack with me. Like we had planned. I want you by my side, to lead my pack with me." He said in a pleading tone, reaching out to grab Atticus's hand.

I tensed as I watched the man curl his fingers around the humans small hand, my own fingers curling around the end of the arms on the chair as anger surged through my veins.

"Not goes Alpha Lemon. Atticus stays Sylis. Sylis Atticus mate. Atticus nots leaves Sylis." He said promptly shaking his head and pulling his hand from the man's grip.