Chapter Eleven

Atticus POV

The creature above me tensed as a gunshot echoed through the woods around us, a growl emitting from deep within its chest. I caught a glimpse of anger in its eyes as it slowly turned around, its body seeming to grow with rage. A whimper left my lips as it stood up on its hind legs, standing in front of me like a wolf protecting its meal.

"Step away from him. You know I'm only trying to help. " Eric's voice rang.

"Atticus? Sweetie? Are you okay?" I heard Luna Jackie ask, worry clear in her voice.

"Don't talk to him!" the creature snarled, its misshapen paw like hands curling into a fist.

"A-Atticus f-f-fine Luna." I stuttered, my teeth chattering from the cold.

"Silence." It growled, its eyes blazing with anger as it craned its head to look at me.

A whimper of fear left my shaking lips as I scrambled backwards. My hands slipping on the snow as I tried to push myself away. The creature growled and turned around, its paw-like hand gripping my ankle and pulling me closer.

"Stay." he snarled releasing me from its clutches.

"We only want to help him. He's soaking wet and its freezing out here, hes going to get sick if we don't hurry and get him warmed up." The Luna said taking a cautious step forward.

It snarled, baring its teeth at the Alpha and Luna. It clearly didn't like the thought of me being anywhere near them. I couldn't stop the scream that bubbled up from my throat as a hand gripped my shirt and pulled me away from the creature. The thing let out a murderous growl as it turned around just as someone scooped me into their arms. A whimper left my lips as I looked up to see that Alpha Lennon was the person who was holding me, his face hard as he ran.

I looked over the man's shoulder to see the creature chasing us, a wild and enraged look in its eyes. It was gaining on us, my heart was pounding against my rib cage as fear rushed through my veins. Just as the thing was about to lunge at us multiple gunshots rang through the air, the creature whimpering slightly before it slammed into the ground.

I watched Alpha Eric lower his gun as Alpha Lennon's running came to a halt. He panted as he held me, looking back at the motionless creature that laid in the snow.

"Atticus? are you alright?" Alpha Lennon asked as he turned his gaze towards me. "Atticus?" he asked, the worry in his voice confusing me.

"At-At-" I started, but my sentence was cut short as I plummeted into a world of darkness.

Sylis POV

I stared into the flames of the fire, a glass of whisky in my hand. The only feelings I felt were anger and disappointment, I couldn't believe I'd let myself lose my control like that. The fear that he held in his eyes as he looked at me was etched into my brain, haunting me. I only hoped he hated me now, that he could see that I was a terrible person that should never be loved.

I brought my glass to my lips and threw my head back, downing the brown liquid that burned my throat. I sat the empty glass on the mantel above my fireplace, a sigh leaving my lips as I looked at the sopping wet bear the laid in front of the fire guard drying off. I shook my head a dry chuckle leaving my lips.

I could hear the the little pest beginning to whimper as he woke up, his room right above mine. It was mere seconds until I heard Alpha 'Lemon's' footsteps enter his room to comfort him. The man had taken a liking to Atticus and that's what we had planned. Alpha Lennon had lost his mate many years ago and he was one of the few to survive the pain of his mate dying. We brought him here in hopes he would like Atticus and Atticus would like him, giving the human a chance to live a life where he would be happy. Where he would forget I existed and live the happy ever after ending everyone wanted him to have.