Chapter 6

The music was load and the room was filled with sweaty people.

 I searched for Luke in the large crowd of people but his tattoos and piercings were no where to be seen.

 Sweaty bodies rubbed against me and this dress showed to much. my arms included. Luke didn't know I had scars. I cut when my parents died. Every cut represented every time I thought of my parents. Every time somebody called my ugly or fat. They represent the story of who I am, and that's the ugliest story of all.

Arms slid up my waist and my body tensed. "Its okay, its just me." A familiar voice said. Luke.

He stepped back and his eyes traveled up and down me. He pulled his bottom lip into his mouth and smirked.

"How do you keep getting more beautiful every day?" He asked and pulled me with him to the coach sitting close to us.

 "It's been two days dipshit." I rolled my eyes at him.

I was set down on his lap while the people around me were giving me looks of, pity?

"I'm gonna go say hi to some friends, don't move." He said sternly. He slid me off of his lap as he made his way to a group of guys by the bar.

"Are you with Luke?" A girl with blonde hair and blue eyes asked from the chair across from me and I nodded. " Luke has gotten into a lot of trouble. I would stay away from him If I were you." She whispered with eyes wide.

"That's not as easy as it sounds." I answered and more looks of pity stared back at me.

After about 10 minutes a figure was sat down next to me. I turned expecting to see Luke but an older guy about 25 was in the spot next to me. "What is a sexy girl like you doing here alone?"  The guy slurred at me.

"I-Im not alone." I tried to say but was cut off my his dirty mouth crashing down on mine.

I tried to push him off of me but he was too big. My fists slammed into his chest but he wouldn't budge, until another mass was pushing him off of me.

"What the fuck are you doing?" an enraged Luke yelled at him. When he didn't answer Luke jumped on top of him punching him in the face numerous times.

"Luke stop!" I begged as blood started to splatter onto the mans shirt.

Once he realized I was trying to pull him off he got up, grabbed me by the arm and pulled me outside of the building.

"Luke stop that hurts." I whimpered as he grabbed on harder to my arm. Tears started to brim out of my eyes. He kept walking though, trying to get as far away as possible.

When he finally stopped I pulled away from him, falling to the ground. The tears finally spilled over as I looked at the fresh cuts on my arm that had been reopened by Luke's harsh actions.

His eyes traveled down to my arms, suddenly realizing what he had done.

I was lightly lifted up off of the ground. He was careful, not making anymore contact with my now bloodied arms.

He was carrying my limp body somewhere, and I could feel his heartbeat in his chest.

I nuzzled my head into his neck as he carried me to the unknown location, and for the first time in years, I felt safe in somebody else's arms.

Suddenly I was set down in grass and he sat down next to me. I looked over at him to see he was already staring at me. "I'm sorry." He said looking down. "I didn't know."

My heart began to ache looking at his sorrowful face and I reached over and put my hand in his, giving him a small look of reassurance. I knew I had only known him for two days, but right now there was something similar between us, pulling us to each other.

His blue eyes looked into mine then my arms, and he did something unexpected.

He picked up my left arm and brought it up to his lips, softly kissing every single cut.

His soft lips sent chills through my body and he moved onto the next arm, kissing.

When he stopped he wrapped his arms around me and tightly embraced me. His strong arms made me feel protected from the world and I never wanted him to let go.

After a few minutes he broke the silence. "Why would a beautiful girl like you do that to yourself?" He asked, his voice soft, broken.

I pulled back from him to see his eyes full of sorrow.

"To take away the pain." I said softly, a tear falling loose.

His hand made its way to my face and he brushed the tear away. "Well I'm here now Emilee. I'm gonna help you."

Then he was hugging me again, and I was slowly falling asleep to the sound of his breathing.

 What was I doing?