Chapter 21

Haley's Point of View.

 Darkness clouded my vision and my biggest nightmares danced around my head.

 I couldn't breath, but why would it matter anyways.

I'm gonna die here anyways, and no matter how hard I try, I cant imagine me getting out of here alive.

 There was shuffling and a hand was on my head, trying to pull the bag off of me.

 I'm not a very religious person, but in that moment....I prayed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emilee's Point of View.

 It was 4 in the afternoon and Luke was still driving.

 I had asked him where we were going so many times I lost count, but he wouldn't tell me.

 He kept glancing over to me, as if he thought I wasn't going to be there the next time he looked.

 We finally ended up at a tall building.

 It's tattered walls and worn out look gave it an eerie aroma, and I was scared.

Luke pulled the keys out of the ignition, and walked over to my side of the car.

 He opened the door and stood there for a little bit, waiting for me to meet his gaze.

 I finally gave in and looked into his piercing blue eyes.

 "I'm sorry Em....... I shouldn't have gotten you and your friends into my business...."

 I looked down.

 "I'm pretty sure they took her here. I'm gonna go inside and try to find her... and i want you to stay here."

 I tried to argue, but her cut me off.

 "No. I cant risk you getting hurt."

 I moved to get out of the car, but the door was closed in my face and the doors were locked from the outside, trapping me inside the car.

 I pounded on the window, but my only response from his was a look of sorrow in his eyes.

 Even though I was mad at him, when he mouthed the words 'I love you'  my heart still fluttered.

I mouthed those three words back and received a smile.

Then Luke turned around and walked to the entrance of the building, disappearing behind the brick walls surrounding the location we were in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 Luke's Point of View.

 The inside of the building brought back memories that I didn't want to flash through my mind ever again.

 When I worked for Jeff, this was our hideout.

 If a delivery went wrong or we were busted, we would come here to hide.

 The hallways were scented with smoke and the walls were scattered with graffiti.

 I stepped slowly down the hallways, not making a sound.

 I turned to the third room to the end on the right.

 I half stepped in and took in the state of the familiar room.

 There was a black leather couch in the far left corner and a small pool table on the far back wall.