Chapter 19

Luke didn't let me go anywhere by myself.

 He would drop me off at work, then sit outside to make sure I was safe. Whenever I wanted to go to the store, he would come with me.

I guess that's what I get for falling in love with someone I shouldn't have.

We were sitting on the coach watching some tv show we weren't even paying attention to. Luke was half asleep and I was on my phone.

I was mindlessly playing a game when a knock on the door echoed through the room, making my eyes go wide with fear.

I shook Luke with panic.

His eyes opened and he noticed my panic as he crept forward to get the door. He swung open the door to reveal the devil's daughter herself.

Katelyn's eyes were fixed on me as she pushed Luke to the side and walked over to me. Her face was about an inch from mine as she spoke,

"I don't know what you think your gonna achieve by staying with this piece of shit," She said pointing at Luke. "but you sure as hell have made your Uncle mad babe. He said he was gonna kill you for real this time, and he ganged up with a few guys... they have personal experience with your little boyfriend here."

She walked over to Luke and spoke in her squeaky voice.

"Jeff says he's going for you loverboy."

Luke ran over to me on the ground where I had fallen from her words. My face turned to his chest and my tears stained his shirt, but he didn't seem to mind.

"Emilee Its gonna be okay, I wont let anybody hurt you, I promised right?"

I tried to answer, but words wouldn't form.

Luke scooped me up on his arms and he walked me over to the couch. I was laying in his arms and he played with my hair as an attempt to sooth me.

"Luke?" I asked, finally able to speak.

"What Em?"

"Promise you wont get hurt for me?" I asked and he looked down at me.

"Promise." He said and with those words being said I fell asleep to the sound of his breathing comforting me.

.