Chapter 34

Sand was caught in Luke's blonde hair and the sunset's red and yellows reflected on his angelic face

 He smiled at me through the sun and laced his fingers through mine.

 We were laid out on the white sand facing each other while other families were packing up to leave.

 "I don't think I can ever tell you how much I love you." Luke mumbled.

 I smiled and leaned in to kiss him.

 Our lips were covered in sand, but we didn't care. Nothing was in our way and nobody could tell us what to do anymore.

 His hand was placed on my hip, while his other hand cradled my face.

 I pulled away and he frowned.

 "I just wanted to say I love you too." I giggled and his frown turned into a smile as he sat up.

 I gave him a curious look, but he just shook his head and started rummaging through our beach bag for something.

 He finally pulled out a small Poloroid camera. It was aged and vintage, making me love it the first look I had of it.

 "I found it in one of the boxes in my closet," He held it out to me. "It was my Aunts but she gave it to me."

 I took it from his outstretched hands and looked at every feature.

 "I thought.. maybe we could take some pictures together..?" He trailed off and I laughed and nodded.

 He grinned and took the camera back from me and held it so it faced us.

 "Say.... Luke is sexy!" He yelled.

 Luke snapped the picture and snatched it from falling in the sand.

 I instantly fell in love with the perfect screenshot of this day, of this life.

 Luke's cheek was against mine and my cheeks were pink from laughing. He was crosseyed and the sunset showed behind us.

 "I like that one." He said softly and I nodded in approval.

 "Lets take some more." I begged.

-

We took so many pictures, we had run out of film. The camera had also gotten wet because Luke wanted to take pictures out in the water...

I flipped through the pictures as we drove home, laughing and smiling at a few.

 We had spent the whole day at the beach and we were both exhausted.

The inside of the car was quiet, other than Ed Sheeran softly playing from the radio and the sound of Luke breathing softly.

 I laid my head on the window and closed my eyes. I might've even drifted off a few times, but all I can remember about that car ride was the other car that had smashed into ours.