Chapter 37

The fresh air hit my smiling face as I walked outside of the hospital I had been in for the last week.

 A cast still clung tightly to my broken arm, but other than that, there was nothing in the world that could make our smiles fade.

"Happy now?" Luke asked playfully.

"Mhmm." I mumbled and we walked over to Haley's awaiting car.

Since we couldn't drive because of our injuries, we had to either ride the bus or get somebody to take us from place to place.

"Hey Emmy!" Haley all but screamed at us as we entered the car. "How are you?"

"Perfect." I smiled into the mirror.

"Hey Luke." She greeted softer to him.

"Hey Haley." He chuckled.

"How's Niall?" I asked her as I placed myself next to Luke in the backseat.

Her face lit up, "He's doing great. Thanks for asking!"

I looked over to Luke to see his head up against the window and a single white headphone in his right ear.

He turned his head to face me, and winked once he noticed I was staring.

I giggled and he leant in to place a kiss on my nose.

"Okay. okay, no PDA in my car please." Haley groaned.

We sat silent, then all three of us burst into small fits of laughter.

"Okay." I said, wiping away a tear that had escaped my laughing eyes.

-

We made it back to the apartment after a few more small jokes about PDA.

I thanked Haley for the ride and told her to text me, then turned to face the building I had missed so much.

It was all a car accident that had put us through this.

We hadn't even found out who did it. The driver had drove away after the impact.

I shook the image of the car out of my head and took large steps towards our apartment.

Since we were on the third floor, we had to take the small elevator because of Luke's still minorly injured leg.

Luke pressed the button with a 3 on it and we both stood impatiently in the enclosed space.

I sighed and looked over to Luke, who already had his eyes glued to me. He shined a small, contagious smile and shuffled over so he was about an inch away from me.

I stood on my tiptoes and placed my lips on his.

It was a different sort of kiss. It was comfortable. It was like we were alone in our own little world that only we understood, and I never wanted to leave this place.

But I guess I can't always get what I want because he pulled away as the elevator doors opened to our familiar floor.

I winked up at him, then quickly found my way to the door that led to our apartment and pulled the small key out of my pocket.

I put the key in and turned the lock as fast as I could, then the homey scent of cinnamon filled my senses.

I sucked in a huge breath and walked over and collapsed on the couch.

Luke shook his head and laughed, then sat down at my feet. I closed my eyes and took in the familiar feeling of this room.

The fan was buzzing softly and light shined through the three windows on the left of the room. The soft couch made me sleepy and Luke's presence completed the home feeling.

"What now?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"I should probably unpack all of my stuff." I said disappointedly.

"Don't worry, after you unpack you can come cuddle with me on the couch." Luke smirked.

I rolled my eyes and ventured off into the bedroom.

I really wanted to cuddle with Luke.

I pulled the various stuffed animals and presents out of my bag and set them on the counter. Then I stalked off into the bathroom to put away all the toiletries the hospital had given to me.

I reached into the bag once more for a small bottle of lotion, but a horrible pain shot through my head. I fell to the ground, dropping the bag.

Bottles of lotion scattered out of the bag, but all I could think of was my head.

I crumpled on the floor of the bathroom in pain.

I couldn't move.

I could hardly open my mouth, but with all the strength I had I spoke the only words that would form.

"Luke... Help."

But before Luke could reach me, darkness draped over my thoughts and I slipped into unconsciousness.

---------------

hi guys! just wanted to thank you for 12k reads and for being such amazing people.

I love all of you and hope you guys had a great day!

em xx

BTW: anybody know where I could add a small Mexican midget and a cat in the story (requests) xD