Chapter 35

Emilee's Point of View.

 Blinding light shined through my eyelids and an annoying beeping sound was heard lightly in the background. My eyes felt like bricks as I tried to open them to see where I was.

 The sound of a curtain opening and murmurs were heard to my right and I finally opened my eyes

 I was laying in a hospital bed.  

 Tubes were connected to me and there were bandages and a cast on my right arm.

 My memories finally caught up with me and I remembered a car had crashed into Luke's car.

 Wait, Luke. Where was Luke?!?

 I frantically tried to sit up and pull the tubes out of my arms, but numerous nurses showed up and held me down.

 "No!" I shrieked "Where's Luke? Is he okay?"

 But before I could get an answer, a needle was shoved into my shoulder and I was drifting off to an unknown blackness.

 ---

 I woke up again, still in the hospital room, but the sun was starting to set by then.

 How long had I been here?

 A small woman in scrubs came in holding a clipboard.  "Hi Mrs. Kownacki, you've been asleep for awhile." She said, then her face turned into a grimace.

"You've suffered major injuries to your head and to your arm. The rest of you is just bruises and scratches. We think your going to be staying for at least a week. Any questions?"

 I thought, then asked her the only question I needed.

"Luke... the boy I was with... is he okay?" I asked, then held my breath for the answer.

 She gave me a small smile.

 "Your in luck sweety, he only has a broken leg and a few bumps and bruises, unlike you who needs a lot of work." She winked.

 I grinned at her. "Thank you so much."

 "Your welcome. Press the button next to you if you need anything." She said, then opened the door and left.

 I leaned back in my chair and let out a sigh of relief.

 Luke was okay. I kept telling myself.

After a few hours, my door opened and the same nurse came in carrying a tray of food.

 "Here you go Mrs. Kownacki." She smiled and set it down next to me.

 "Please just call me Emilee." I asked and she nodded.

 I looked at her nametag, which read Amber.

"Amber?" I asked.

 "When is Luke going to be out?"

 "I'm not really sure, but I can check for you."

 I thanked her, then inhaled the food sitting next to me.

-----

After 4 hours of playing on my phone the door opened again to Luke.

 He was wearing the same clothes he had on at the beach, but a black cast clung onto his left leg and he had a pair of crutches.

 "Luke." I sobbed and he rushed over to hug me.

 His arms felt like home, but I let out a whine when he made contact with my injured body.

 "I should've been me." He sighed and laid down next to me on the bed.  "I'm so sorry, I wish it could've been in your place. I was the d=one driving, I should've noticed that truck had run a red light... it's all my fault"

 I sighed and placed my hand on his.

 "Luke don't say thing like that, as long as we're both okay."

He looked over to me with tear in his eyes and a small smile plastered on his face.

 "I'm so glad your okay Emilee." He sobbed and placed a kiss on my lips.

 The beeping on the machine increased when our lips touched.  Luke pulled away and chuckled.

 "I guess I really do make your heart beat faster eh?"

 I blushed and softly laughed.

The sound of the door opening interrupted us and Amber walked in with another tray of food, and pills this time.

 She winked at me when she saw Luke, making my blush even worse.

 "I brought you food and pills Emilee." She said and set down the tray in the same place it always goes

 "Thank you Amber."

 "Oh and visiting hours are from 7 AM to 9 PM." She said.

 Luke pulled out his phone and looked at the screen puzzled.

 "Its 10:30...." He said confused.

 She giggled.

 "Just don't tell anybody I'm letting you stay. Okay?" She whispered.

 Luke and I both nodded eagerly and she shut the door quietly.

 When she left I turned to the tray in disgust.  About 10 pills sat next to the bowl of jello.

 I hated pills.

 Luke noticed my face and smirked.  "You don't like pills, do you?" He asked and I shook my head no.

 "I have an idea babe." He said and handed my the glass and the pills.

 "Take them one at a time." He said.

 I rolled my eyes and swallowed the first big blue pill.

 As soon as I had swallowed, Luke's lips met mine for a quick second.

 I raised my eyebrow and smiled, and he smirked back at me.

 I took one pill after the other, receiving a short kiss after everyone, eventually downing all of them.

 "I like this trick." He winked.

 I giggled, then yawned.

 The clock next to me read 12:06.

 I was tired, but I didn't want Luke to leave.

 It was almost like he had read my mind, because he nuzzled up next to me on the bed.

 "Don't worry Em, I'll be here when you wake up." He said and kissed my forehead.

 "I love you Luke."

"I love you more Em"

 And with those words being said, I drifted out of consciousness.

-----------------

 hey guys! im so sad because this story is going to end soon :(

 thank you so much for 10k! I love you guys so much and hope you've enjoyed the story!

                                        em xx