Chapter 20

Haley's Point of View.

There was a knock at the door.

 I skipped over and put on the biggest grin.

The door swung open and a masked figure in all black covered my head in a bag and pulled me out of my house.

 All I could see was darkness and my screams were no longer heard through the bag that was suffocating me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Emilee's Point of View.

The phone ringing tore me out of my dreaming state.

I groaned and rolled over to pick up the vibrating phone and accidentally nudged Luke in the process.

The caller ID said Niall...? What? He never calls me.

 "Hello?" I answered in a sleepy voice.

 "Emilee?! Oh Emilee thank god.... Haley... she's gone. Somebody broke into the house. She's missing." Niall spoke fast, but with worry in his voice.

"Me and Luke will be right over... stay put."

I started to hang up when his voice sounded through the phone.

"Will she be okay..? He whispered.

"Niall, I promise we will find her. Haley's a strong girl, shell be okay."

I put down the phone and rushed to put on a pair of pants.

Luke sensed something was wrong and he got up to put on a shirt with me.

"What's happening Em?" He asked, sleep in his voice.

"I'll explain when we get there.... we have to go to Haley's house."

------------------------

During the drive, Luke kept sending me puzzled looks but I pushed them out of my thoughts and focused on where the hell Haley was.

We pulled up in front of the house. The door was opened and Niall stood outside, pacing.

I ran out of the car to the lost boy in the driveway.

As I got closer I could see tear droplets cascading down his cheeks, making him look younger than he really was.

 "Niall, were gonna find her.. don't worry."

 He nodded, but continued to cry.

 Luke walked over to me and took my hand. "So what happened?" He asked

 "The house was broken into and Haley's missing." I answered.

 I cautiously stepped towards the house, but Luke's tattooed arms wrapped around me.

 "Ill go in first." He said and kissed my forehead.

 He walked forward and stepped into the house.

 I stood there for about 10 minutes, waiting for him to exit the house and tell me he had found Haley.

 Then 10 minutes turned into 20 minutes, and I started to get worried.

 I stepped into the house and searched for Luke, hoping he was okay.

I had searched all the rooms in the house except for one.

It was Haley's bedroom, and Luke was sitting on the bed looking down at something.

 I walked towards him and he looked up.

 There was worry and guilt in his features.

 "I-It's all my fault..." He said.

 I sat down next to him and grabbed the piece of paper he had been holding.

Thought you could hide huh? Well you didn't think about the other people you would be impacting with your actions. Its your fault you little friend is with me right now. -Jeff

 A tear streamed down my face and I looked over to Luke.

 His head was in his hands and I couldn't tell, but I think he was crying.

 "I'm so sorry. I messed up and you shouldn't be dealing with me right now."

 I rested my hand on his and looked into his teary eyes.

 "Were gonna be fine Luke. I promise."

 I stood up and pulled Luke along behind me as we made our way to Niall.

 "Jeff has Haley.." I said to Niall.

 "Who's Jeff?" He asked and I tried to answer, but Luke cut me off.

 "He's my old boss.... Im so sorry Niall, I promise well find her."

 Niall's face turned red and he made his way towards Luke.

 "Whatever the hell you did, I sure hope it was worth somebody going missing. If we don't find her I swear to god I will kill you with my bare hands." Niall spat at Luke.

I mumbled a quick "Sorry Niall." as Luke pulled me off to the car.

 I didn't know where we were going, but all I could think of was Haley.