Chapter 18

Luke's Point of View.

I watched her as she entered the store and I instantly missed her.

She looked so beautiful today and I felt so bad for giving her the cold shoulder this morning.

I just wanted to protect her from that dick Jeff.

I turned my gaze to the sidewalk and watched for any sign of him.

What did he even want from her? Sex? Money? I knew she would never want to do anything with him, but to protect me?.... I had no idea.

A tall figure with a huge build walked into the store and I focused on his face.

It was Jeff.

I jumped out of the car and slammed the door, running towards him. He turned around swiftly and a confused look flashed across his face.

His eyes widened for a second, then I was on top of him,  hitting him and kicking him, letting out all my anger and disgust on this sorry excuse of a man.

Blood started to splatter my shirt and people's frightened eyes were planted on me, but anger was all I felt.

I heard the store door open and a fragile body tried to pull me off of him. I tried to pull away, but a voice took over my thoughts.

"Luke! Luke stop! What are you doing?" It was Emilee.

I froze in mid puch and stood up to lok at her.

She was staring at the limp body of Jeff, laying on the sidewalk.

Her eyes were filled with confusion and relief.

She stumbled over to me and put her arms around my waist and I put mine around her. Protecting her from the world.

Emilee's Point of View.

I was sobbing into Luke's chest and he was rubbing my back.

We stayed like that for about 15 minutes, and when we had finally settled down he pulled me over to the curb and I sat down in his lap.

"Emilee... I saw the texts....." He said and I tensed. "Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered, pain in his voice.

"I...I just didn't want you getting hurt...." I said and looked down at the ground.

He turned me around so I was facing him.

"Emilee, you don't have to worry about me. Its my job to protect you from anything that will hurt you, because we both know what the worlds like, and I couldn't watch you go through what happened to you again. You're everything to me Emilee, and I would rather die a thousand times then watch you get hurt again."

A tear ran down my cheek and he brushed it away with a kiss.

I looked into his eyes and gave him a small smile.

"Luke, you have no idea how much I love you and I wont stop protecting you. You shouldn't have gone through what you did, but everything happens for a reason... and if these thing wouldn't have happened to us, we wouldn't be here right now with each other."

I paused and a smile appeared on his face.

"I want you to know that no matter how much you try, I won't listen to everything you tell me to do, but that doesn't mean you should go and almost kill somebody just because I didn't want you getting hurt."

He smiled and kissed my forehead .

"I love you." He said.

"I love you." I answered and we headed over to the store, but Jeff wasn't there.

"Where did he go?" I asked and Luke's eyes scanned over the area for a sign of him.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed and a text appeared on my screen.

Watch your backs. Nobody's safe now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the bad chapter guys, but my really good friend is writing a fanfiction and it deserves so many more views. Its called Even At My Worst and its a Harry Styles fanfiction. Its really good and the description is below.

Love you guys -Emilee :)

19 year old Layney isn't living a great life; her father and her birth mother died, and all she had is her stepmom and her brother, at least until the accident.  Layney suffers from trying to keep her shit together after that; she moves away, she blocks everyone out of her life, and she just tries to forget. it doesn't help that her new neighbor is a cocky, arrogant 19 year old boy either now does it?