Chapter 41

Somebody was sitting on me.

 I groaned and opened my eyes to Luke's bright blue ones.

 "C'mon wakey wakey!" He said excitedly.

 "Five more minutes?" I asked groggily.  Luke smiled and jumped down to kiss my cheek.

 "Sorry, you can sleep on the way. Just get ready!" He yelled and his tattoos and blonde hair disappeared out the bedroom door.

 I rolled over and walked over to the bathroom to put on a pair of highwaisted shorts and a navy blue tanktop tucked in.

 I slid on a pair of galaxy VANS and added a pair of sunglasses to top of my head.

 Luke sat on the couch with his phone in his hand waiting for me.

 I stepped out and he looked up at me and smiled.

 "Beautiful as always Em." He stood up and led me out the door and to the car with an arm around my shoulder protectively.

 I giggled as he opened the door for me and shut it when I put my seatbelt on.

  The car purred as it turned on and the radio played loud through the stereo.

 Luke and I both put our sunglasses on and he rolled down the windows as we began to drove off.

------

 We drove for about 4 hours, then a sign caught my eye.

 It read,

WELCOME TO NEW YORK CITY

I stared out the window for what felt like hours. Luke looked over to me and grinned at my expression.

 My mouth was hanging open and excitement was evident in my dark brown eyes.

 I felt as if anything in the world was possible.

 My mouth turned into a wide grin and I grinned and reached over the center console to give Luke an awkward hug.

 "Thank you so much!" I kept saying over and over.

 He chuckled and told me it was nothing, but to me this was the world.

 Skyscrapers swished passed us and the monitors of times square started to take shape in the distance. People scattered the streets and cabs sped down the road carrying passengers to their destination.

 I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I took in the surroundings and details of this amazing city.

 "Having fun yet?" Luke joked and winked at me.  I could barely form words.

 I was in New York City!

 Luke pulled over to the street and parked the car. I opened the door and hopped out excitedly.

 Luke laughed and took my hand and walked down the street to the large monitors towering over us. He pulled out his phone and faced it towards us.

 "Smile!"

 His lips met my cheek and the phone snapped the picture.

 It was perfect.

 Luke was kissing my cheek and I was giggling as New York city shined brightly behind our happy faces.

 He slid the phone back in his pocket and walked over to one of the many street performers.

 The blonde man, probably around 20 played his light brown acoustic with a look of concentration plastered on his face.

 I smiled as he finished his song and a few people around him clapped and threw money into an open guitar case sitting next to him.

 I pulled out a 5 dollar bill and threw it into the case along with the others and decided to walk down the street.

 "So Mrs. Kownacki... where to next?" Luke asked and swung our entwined hands in-between us.

 I opened my mouth to answer, but a small man wearing a sombrero swiftly walked infront of me. I straightened myself and took a closer look at the man.

 He had a funny mustache and on the back of his jacket it read TINY MEXICAN MIDGET. I laughed and pointed him out to Luke.

He laughed along with me and took us to a small icecream shop on the corner of the street.

 It had a vintage looking sign on it and was named New York Ice Cream. The inside was colored in light pastel colors and I had already fallen in love with it.

 We both ordered a cone of chocolate icecream and sat outside together.

 "This is amazing Luke." I said softly.

 "I know this icecream is so good!" He laughed and I shook my head

 "No, not the icecream... you bringing me to New York is amazing. Everything you do for me is amazing. Thank you and I love you more than words can explain."

 "It was nothing. I love you too Em."

 And after that we sat, listening to the cars passing by on a busy afternoon in New York city.

----------------

hey guys! their stay in New York isn't over yet! comment ideas if you have them!

sorry about this chapter.... it kinda sucks.

hope you still love me maybe? because I love you and thanks for 17k!

                                             em xx