One

in my opinion, these first three chapters are shit; i will edit them another day. but please continue reading, it gets better

*edited*
----
August 14, 2014

Changing schools during high school is rough. You start feeling insecure and worry that you won't be accepted. Shawn always wished to move away from where he lived, to get a fresh new start and have new friends, but now that he moved he regrets wishing that. He never thought it would happen, but here he is, standing outside of his new school.

Shawn low-key hoped that this was like some cheesy movie where he bumps into someone and instantly becomes their friend. But he knew that wouldn't happen.

He was so excited to start his 3rd year with his friends. Shawn's eyes start to tear up at the reminder of the good times he had with his friends, but quickly shakes the thought away. They claim that they miss him yet they barely call or text him, well just one person does anyways. The only people who seem to be texting him was his parents and a friend he met online

Shawn gets out his phone from his front pocket, as he turns it on, there is just one message which is from his friend.

Jenny: good luck on your first day :)

He takes a deep breath before replying,

Shawn: thank you, im nervous. I never thought I would be a new guy

Jenny: just be yourself!

Shawn: nobody wants that! anyways, i gtg

She doesn't answer back so he puts his phone back in his pocket. He is still standing outside, he looks around and sees everyone minding their own business. He starts walking inside when the bell rings. Everyone starts to go inside as well, slightly pushing Shawn as though he was invisible. Once everyone was inside, he makes his way towards the office where they hand him his schedule and locker information. Since the classes are always short on the first day, the bell rings and Shawn starts to head to his 2nd period class which is Chemistry.

On the way there many people stare at him, probably already knowing he was new. No surprise since this is a small town, they probably all know each other. Inside the chemistry classroom there were tables that 4 people could sit in. Each table had a textbook and what appeared to be a syllabus for the students and parents to sign. Shawn decided to take the seat towards the back which was still vacant. As he sat down he placed his backpack beside him and took his phone out. He had no notifications, slightly annoyed, he turns his cell phone off and tucks it away in his small backpack pocket.

People start to pile in, they all sit with their friends. Shawn tries to remember how he made friends when he was younger. All he remembers was when he was in preschool he would be friends with a bunch of girls because none of the boys would play house with him. But then he got a boy-friend, Ian. Middle school started to get rough, he lost all of his girl-friends because they all became "popular", though Ian stood by him which he was very thankful for because without him he wouldn't have made friends.

They loved each other, as best friends of course. They would always hang out with each other, then Ian met new people. Ian's new friends became Shawn's friends. He made friends because of other people, he never made a friend on his own.

What if Shawn never makes a friend? Is he really going to spend Junior and Senior year all alone? Shawn starts wishing he wasn't antisocial and shy, he wonders why he has always been like that.