Thirty- Two

It was 2 in the morning and Shawn was in his backyard, looking up at starry night.

All night Shawn had been thinking about the things John had said.

But as he laid down under the stars, he stopped thinking.

His mind went blank, he just stared up at the sky. He watched the trees sway back and forth, slowly.

He softly smiled, the night sky looked beautiful. It was breathtaking. He loved the thought of how the stars' light carries on endlessly, even after death.

The soft freezing breeze was starting to make his fingers go numb and his nose runny. He didn't mind.

Shawn stayed outside for an hour. His eyes were closed as he took deep breaths in through his nose, and exhaled through his mouth.

It was now 3 in the morning. He sat up and looked down beside him, he picks up his phone and stares at the grey lockscreen.

Maybe he could call John. Tell him how he really feels. Tell him he really wasn't okay with him and Thomas. Maybe.. they could be together?

He unlocks his phone and opens John's contact. Shawn could feel his heart beating faster as his thumb hovered over the call button.

He presses down, but doesn't let go.

He closes his eyes and counts down.

"1.."

Thump, Thump

"2.."

Thump, Thump

Shawn lets go without counting to three, he quietly gasps but he still brings up the phone to his ear.

Ring, Ring

He crosses his legs and looks up at sky again, he was shaking.

Ring,

He quickly hangs up and throws the phone angrily on the blanket.

"Dammit!" Shawn puts his head in his hands to muffle his scream.

What was he thinking? He cant do that to John.

John said he loved him. They loved each other. Shawn couldn't just break up his best friend's relationship just because he finally figured out he wants John.

Shawn had his chance. He blew it. That's it. The chance is gone.

"Dammit." He repeats, quietly this time.

He looks up at the sky just in time to see a shooting star.