Twenty

September 12, 2014, 7 pm

John spent the last two days trying to find ways to spend more time with Shawn than usual. He would always ask him if he wanted to come over to his house and watch a movie or do homework together.

Shawn of course wanted to, but he felt a bit weird towards him since that night. All he has been thinking about is that night. He has been thinking about things he never thought he would question; his sexuality. He's always has tiny crushes on pretty and nice girls, but with what has happened with two previous girls. He couldn't help but think it was some sort of sign, that he shouldn't be dating girls?

Shawn would be lying if he said he didn't imagine him and John kissing. In his head, it feels good. But what if it isn't the same in real life? He doesn't want to lead him on, maybe it's just a phase? So he is going to keep his thoughts and lips to himself.

It's Friday night, and John has invited Shawn over to watch movies- again. Maybe he was being a little obvious on what he was trying to do, so he invited Noah, and they are both supposed to be coming soon.

John's phone vibrates as he puts a sweatshirt on, he takes it out of his pocket and puts it on speaker.

"Yeah?" It's Noah, and somehow he already knows he wont be coming because there is music in the background.

"Nathan!"

"Don't. Don't call me Nathan." John sighs as he pulls down his pants.

"Anyways, I guess you know why Im calling you."

John quickly puts on his sweatpants and takes the call off of speaker, he brings the phone up to his left ear, "Yes, and i hate you. I really need you here."

"No you don't, I would just be there sitting awkwardly, no thank you. Take a deep breath."

John listens and inhales a deep breath,

"You'll be fine okay?" John then exhales.

"Okay," John then brings up his thumb and starts to bite his nail.

"And don't bite your nails."

He brings his thumb down, "Sorry,"

"Don't be nervous, now go."

"You owe me." John quickly says and hangs up the phone. He puts his phone back in his pocket when he hears a faint knock downstairs.

As he is walking down the stairs he slightly ruffles his hair so it doesn't look like he is trying hard to look nice.

He takes one last deep breath before he opens the door.

"Mom?" John's brows furrow and his mom walks in, hugging him.

"Hi honey, sorry I left my keys in my locker. I just came home quickly to change." John closes the door and follows her through the house.

"Uh, how's work?"

John hasn't seen his mother in a while, he has only talked to her through texts and calls, it was weird but was glad to see her here.

"It's going great! I've had a lot of surgeries so I'm exhausted, but I'll be okay." She smiles and runs her fingers through his hair as she walks past him and into the living room.

"So, about the boys you have been bringing home.." John freezes, he hasn't really told her he is gay.

"Oh uh, about that.." John begins but is interrupted by his mothers small chuckle.

"John, I know you're attracted to men. I love you but I'm honestly kind of hurt that you didn't tell me." She grabs John's hands from the other side of the counter.