Twenty- Two

September 17, 2014

Shawn cocks his head as he reads the textbook in front of him, not understanding anything. He sighs and turns his head to the right, watching as John worked with another guy.

Shawn focused on how his lips move as he helped his classmate through the problem. Shawn tapped his foot on the ground as he quietly hummed. He keeps his gaze fixated on John, he was mesmerized by his soft looking hair, mouth, and eyes.

"Why are you staring at John?" Emily leans into Shawn's ear, startling him- he lets out a small yelp.

Everyone turns their heads towards Shawn. Giggles are heard throughout the classroom and Shawn's cheeks turn rosy.

"Are you alright Shawn?" The teacher and John ask at the same time.

Shawn starts to tap his pencil rapidly on the table, "Oh yeah sorry, I hit my knee..?"

Emily sits down in the empty seat beside him and shakes her head while smiling. The laughter slowly dies and everyone continues their work.

Shawn turns to his left, "I wasn't staring." He whispers, cheeks still flushed.

"Of course you weren't."

Shawn sighs, "Truth is, he has nice hair." It wasn't the whole truth but it was part of it.

"I guess he does, I like your hair too though." She compliments and Shawn smiles.

"Thank you."

She opens her notebook and textbook, "Do you need any help with this?"

He looks down, "Nah, Im okay. Thank you."

"Alrighty then." She begins to write in her notebook and Shawn does too.

Shawn glances at Emily, who was already concentrating on her work. He looks down again but it doesn't take long before he takes another glimpse at John, who was now looking back at him.

Shawn mouths 'hi' and John gives him a little wave before continuing to help the boy next to him. Shawn groans and closes his textbook, leaning back on his chair he gets his phone out- spending the remainder of class playing iPhone games.

--
7 pm

"Fuck me," Shawn groans as he runs his fingers through his hair. He sits up straight and tries to focus on his homework. He should've done this in class, or asked Emily for help.

His phone vibrates and he drops his pencil to pick it up, "Yeah?"

"Look outside your window!"

Shawn turns his head towards the window, still not getting up. "Why?"

"Just do it!"

Shawn gets up from his chair and opens his curtains. He looks around and nothing. Until he sees a light being turned on and off in John's bedroom.

.... ..

John repeats it. Turning on his lights after.

"What the heck was that." Shawn brings his chair and sits down in front of the open window.

John follows, "It's 'Hi' in morse code! I have nothing to do so.." He rests his arm on the window frame.

"Oh that's cool! I know zero morse code."

"I can do my name, watch." John gets up at turns the lights off again