Three

August 15, 2014 6:40pm

Shawn walks out of the steamy shower with only a towel wrapped around his waist. He goes into his room and charges his phone; placing it on his left bedside table. It is now six-forty, so Shawn decides to change and go to John's house early. As he walks into his closet, he thinks about what to wear. After a while of rummaging through his, clothes Shawn picks out a plain black t-shirt, a blue plaid flannel, and khaki pants. Once he is done dressing up, he looks at himself in the mirror, not feeling very satisfied with the way he looks. His hand runs through his hair, making sure it looked at least somewhat decent. He didn't feel like going anymore. Parties made him nervous, and he felt much more nervous knowing it was a high school party. He forced himself out of the house, muttering that he should be more social.

It doesn't take him long to get to John's house; Shawn felt happy that they lived close. He always had friends that lived far from him. Shawn walked up to the porch and knocked on the door. There was no answer, so he pulls his phone out to text John.

Shawn: hey John! Im outside your house now

John immediately replied back

John: oh shoot sorry, Im coming!

As Shawn looks up from his phone, John is already in front of him. "Hey!" He discreetly looks him up and down, "Come in" John steps aside to let him in. "Let's go upstairs; Noah is up there." He starts walking up the stairs, Shawn following behind. "Your house looks nice."  John looks down at Shawn and grins. "Thank you, It's all my mom." Once at the top of the stairs John takes a left and walks into his room. Noah was on the floor with his phone in hand, he looks up and waves at Shawn. "Hey!" he gets up from the floor and sits at the edge of Johns bed. "We've been expecting you! Sit wherever you want." Shawn looks around and sits down on the desk chair, he crosses his legs. John sits on his black hang around chair that is in the corner of his room, next to the window.

"Ready to have fun?" Noah asks putting his shoes on. Shawn slowly spins himself on the chair, "Well I guess yea." He stops spinning, starting to feel slightly dizzy. He looks around John's room; his bed is in the middle of the room, his closet to his left. Just like Shawn's. John had his bedside table on his right, probably meaning he slept on the right side of the bed. His phone was charging and there was a book by it.

"People at school throw great parties. Though sometimes they get caught cause we all know each other and the parents talk. There are lots of girls at the party so if you need help John and I can help.." Shawn quickly interrupts him "Oh no I dont do.." He stops his sentence thinking of what to say. "I dont.. Its not my area." He simply says. John raises his eyebrows, he was about to speak but then of course Noah butts in.

"Oh right. Sorry. Well there are also great guys.." He looks over to John, "Oh my god Noah." John mutters. Shawn laughs nervously. "No Im not.." Shawn pauses, "Im not gay. I meant that I don't.. sleep with girls. Or date girls, Im not really the dating type." Noah's lips make an 'O' shape, meanwhile John was in the corner hiding his face in embarrassment.

"Well, you should've said that earlier. So you're a virgin?" Noah asks curiously. John looks up to see Shawn stiffen at the question, he started to get annoyed at Noah. "Noah! You cant just ask people if they are a virgin or not! Jesus." John says slightly raising his voice. Noah puts his hands up in defense

"What? We are all bros here, Im not going to make fun of you Shawn. I would never do that. But Im sorry for asking." He gives Shawn an apologetic smile

"Its okay, just wasn't expecting the question. But the answer is yes. Yes I am." He looks down at his lap, feeling slightly embarrassed. Noah gets up from the bed, "Im going to go get more cookies, excuse me." He walks out leaving John and Shawn alone. "You know there is nothing wrong in being a virgin right?" Shawn doesn't look up. "Im assuming you're just waiting for 'the one'?" He only nods, "Nothing wrong with waiting for the right person Shawn." John pats his shoulder and walks out to talk to Noah, leaving Shawn to his thoughts.