Nine

August 22, 2014 9pm

John wakes up with his arms wrapped around a figure. Lazily, he slowly opens his eyes and looks over to see James. His head was resting on John's chest, they were both on the couch, the tv was still on. John carefully picks up his phone to check the time, why the hell are they sleeping so early? He delicately removes James' head from his chest so he can get up, he walks into the kitchen and grabs a glass of water. On his way back to the living room John could see two people standing outside of Shawn's house.

He peeks through the blinds to see a bit better, it was Shawn and... John forgot her name. They were both talking until they kiss. John lets out a little gasp, wow who knew Shawn would be the one to kiss on the first date? They stay like that for while, making John look away.

Finally, the girl runs off to god knows where leaving Shawn alone outside his house. From where John was standing he couldn't see clearly, but he could see the daisy behind Shawn's ear. John softly smiles to himself, taking his phone out to text Shawn.

John: nice daisy

He could see Shawn taking his phone out to read the message, when he does, Shawn starts looking around before running inside. Knowing Shawn, he was probably blushing madly, like a girl who gets complimented on her looks. John would do anything to see that.

John quietly laughs and makes his way back to the living room. James was still sleeping, snoring softly, John heavily sighs as he sits on the couch. He turns to face James, moving a strand of hair from his eyes. John's heart aches, but not in a good way, he suddenly starts to feel tears form in his eyes. He tries to blink them away, but some escape and run down his cheeks. Silent sobs leave his lips, he places his hand over his mouth, muffling his sounds. It doesn't work because James sits up,

"John? What's wrong?" He tries to comfort him, which only makes John cry more.

"I-I don't, I don't know." John blubbers, making James pull him into a hug, John's head was resting below James'.

The room fell silent, and the only thing you could hear was the small whimpers, John would make. James would run his hands up and down John's shoulder, in an attempt to comfort him, "It's okay," he whispers to John

"It's not okay," John whispers back, his voice breaking. James backs away and lifts his chin up, "Do you want to talk about it?" John doesn't answer, and James takes it as his answer.

"Mm come here," He sits back on the couch and opens his arms. John lays back and this time he puts his head on James' chest. It doesn't take long before John falls asleep.

*****
August 23, 2014 1pm

The second time John wakes up, he is in his bed. It takes a while for him to wake up, and when he does, he gets out of bed. His eyes stung from crying last night, and as he looks in the mirror it was also pretty obvious that he did. John then heard footsteps downstairs, he walked out of his room and down the stairs.

"Mom?" He called out

"Uh not even close!" The person calls back, John follows the voice, which leads him to the living room, it was James, and he was folding two blankets and placing them neatly back into the hallway closet.

"Wow hi, I hope this doesn't make me sound rude but what are you still doing here?"

"Oh well last night I woke up again and I went to go find another blanket since it was getting really cold, and your mom came home. We had a nice, kinda awkward, conversation. Anyways I told her that I would go but she let me stay, said she didn't want you to stay alone because she was going to leave again soon. When I came back to the living room you looked uncomfortable so I carried you up to your room, and I stayed down here."