Thirty- One

It had been a week since Shawn almost went up to John's door, he saved himself from being completely humiliated.

John had no idea of course, no one knew,

-

Shawn wakes up shivering, he looks down at his exposed body, he picks up the blanket from the floor and tucks himself in. He grabs a small pillow and holds it close, placing it under his chin.

He peeks at the clock on his phone.

6:43 am

Shawn had to get ready for school. Forgetting it was already winter break he gets up and stays in his sweatpants. He goes to his closet to grab a hoodie, they were all dirty except navy blue one. It was John's, he had left it here one day when he came over to study with Shawn.

He puts it on, hoping John doesn't mind.

Shawn grabs his backpack and walks downstairs, he pulls his phone out and calls John. It takes a few rings for him to answer.

"Shawn?" His voice was low

"John. Are you ready to go?"

"Go where?" Shawn hears shuffling on the other end.

"To school?"

"Shawn, it's winter break."

"What? Really?" Shawn smiles, he throws his backpack onto the old couch and starts walking back upstairs.

"Yep. You should get more sleep." His voice was now a bit louder

"Well I cant now! There's no school! Want to come over?" Shawn asks, and he knows he shouldn't, but he couldn't help himself.

"It's um- its a bit lonely here."

John stays quiet, his breathing was the only thing that could be heard. Shawn starts panicking,

"Oh I'm sorry Shawn, I actually have a guest over.."

"Oh, it's okay, forget it um- I just remembered I need to do some chores around here." He lies, he spends all of his time in his room so the rest of his house is always clean.

"Sorry Shawn-"

"Its okay, really. Its no big deal." Shawn cuts him off.

They both stay silent, Shawn didn't know if he should say something else or just hang up. He holds the phone tightly to his hear, hoping to hear something from the other end. He walks over to his window and opens his curtains.

The sun was rising from behind John's house, he could hear the birds chirping and the soft wind blow through the leaves, still no one saying a word. What was taking John so long to respond?

"Actually, do you want to hang out later?" John finally asks, "The Hobbit is out, if you still haven't seen it.. we can go if you'd like?"

Shawn smiles and starts to pace around his room, "Sure!"

"Okay, I'll come over at 8? And from there we can go to the movies?"

"Sounds good."

"Okay, see you later. Im going to sleep for a little while more. You should too."

"I will. Bye John.

"Bye Shawn."

John hangs up first, Shawn locks his phone and throws it on his pillow. He grabs his laptop and starts to search for a website where he can watch The Hobbit movies. Ever since the movies came out he's been avoiding them, he wanted to read the books first but he's never come around to do it.