Five

August 17, 2014

When Shawn wakes up this time his left side of the neck is aching, he moves slightly but suddenly realizes John is resting his head on his other side. They were both downstairs sitting on the couch. After "Bond Night", like John called it, they both fell asleep. There was a blanket covering both of them, he was confused as to how they had a blanket but his question was answered when he saw a plate of cookies on the coffee table in front of them. Probably his mom put them out.

There was a note on it, he wanted to get up and read it but he didn't want to wake John up. So he just laid his back, slightly resting his head on John's.

He closed his eyes and took in John's scent, his soft breathing was oddly comforting. He's never been this close to anyone, not even his ex-girlfriend, let alone a guy. He quickly gets up, which makes John wakes up as well.

"Ow! What the? Shawn? What happened?" He asks in a worried tone. His hair was messy yet looking soft

"Hm? Oh, I'm fine. I had a lot of fun last night, thank you for everything but I have to go home now." Shawn starts walking towards the front of the door when he is pulled back gently. He turns around

"Are you sure you're okay?" Shawn looks down to see his hand in John's. He pulls away, which makes John confused and slightly sad.

"Yep, I've just got to go sorry. I'll text you yea?" He smiles and walks out, shutting the door behind him. John stands on the other side, confused about what just happened.

Shawn crosses the street quickly, he notices that both his parents are home, so he goes through the back and climbs up the tree and through his window. He takes off his shirt, which he borrowed from John, it smelled like him. Shawn looked around as if somebody was going to see him, he folds the shirt and places it in his closet.

He walks over to his bed and lays down, closing his eyes and his mind immediately drifts to John, he pictured him laying down next to him. Shawn knew this was wrong, thinking of his friend like this, but he couldn't help himself. He imagined John's small arms wrapped around him, his nose slightly touching Shawn's neck,

"What the fuck." Shawn whispered-yelled to himself, he got up and walked to the bathroom to wet his face. He looked at himself in the mirror.

He really shouldn't think of John like that, they are friends, John is straight and he is too. Well, he thinks he is. Isn't he? He has dated a girl before, they have kissed- kinda. He finds girls attractive, well he doesn't really notice. But he doesn't notice guys either.

Relationships really aren't his thing, and when it comes to crushes, he only lets himself like celebrities. He does like male and female celebrities, maybe he is bi? Well everyone is at least a little bi.

He is straight. He's always been straight and has to be. It was just confusing he thought. He's never been that close to his friends before. Shawn lets out a deep breath and walks out of the bathroom and into his room again. He checks his phone and sees two messages from John.

John: I really hope you're okay!

John: If you need anything let me know :)

Shawn: I'm okay, and thank you :)

It was only 12 in the afternoon and he had nothing to do, so he puts on a t-shirt and goes outside. He decides to go out for a walk so he doesn't stay in his room all day.

Again he goes throughout the window and carefully climbs down the tree and jumps onto the ground. He starts walking away from his house, not knowing where to go.

He is a block or two away when a little girl runs out of a house and goes onto the sidewalk, Shawn sees another girl run after her, trying to catch up. Shawn runs up to the little girl.

"Hey there," he grabs her little hand and stops her. The little girl looks up, she was laughing, the other girl catches up to both of them and picks the young child up.

"Lily don't do that! It isn't nice, you could've tripped and hurt yourself." The little girl only giggles, obviously not understanding what was being said. The older girl turns to look at Shawn.

"Thank you for stopping her, she is awfully fast." Shawn quietly laughs.

"No problem." He gives her a smile, she returns it. After a few seconds of silence, her hand goes up, to shake Shawn's hand. "My name is Chloe." Shawn shakes her hand softly.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Shawn."

--

John closes his laptop after he finishes his homework. He walks over to his bed and lays down, staring at the ceiling. He gets his phone out and reads the few messages he has.

Mom: Who was that with you?

-By the way, I won't be home tonight. Sorry hun.

John: it's okay mom, and it was just my friend Shawn. he's new and we spent the night watching movies.

Mom: Okay John, I would love to meet him one day :)

John: alright

Mom: Text me if you need anything. Bye I love you

John: Love you too

He moves onto Noah's messages

Noah: yooo

John: yo? what?

Noah: ive got this friend who wants to meet you! ;)

John: mm sounds lovely but no thank you

Noah: why :(

John: because I dont really like the friends you have

Noah: come on I'm sure you'll like him! give it a try

John hesitates, he does need to get out. Plus he hasn't gone out with anyone, maybe just one person.

John: okay I guess.

Noah: great! plus I already have given him your number...

John: really Noah??

Noah: sorry

At the same time, John gets a text from an unknown number

Unknown: Hey! is this John?

John: um yes who is this?

Unknown: hi John! my name is James and Noah gave me your number :)

John: oh, hi

Unknown: this might be a little straight forward but that's the whole reason I asked for your number. Noah talks about you a lot and you seem like a really nice guy, so do you want to go out sometime?

John: well yea! promised Noah I would go

Unknown: great! how about I pick you up tomorrow at 6?

John: sounds good!

James: looking foward to it :)