Seven

August 18, 2014 6pm

James helps John get out the car by opening the door for him again. They walked side by side until they reached the small coffee shop. Once again James opens the door for John to go in, he started to feel slightly weird.

"What drink do you want?" James asks as he walks up to the barista.

John turns to the barista and orders, "Small tea for me please." John gets his wallet out.

"And a small coffee for me." James gets his wallet out as well.

"That'll be $5 please." Then, at the same time, they both place a five dollar bill on the counter.

They look at each other, "Let me pay, please." John smiles.

"No I want to pay, I'm the one taking you out on a date," James replies. John smirks and James gets a confused look, that's when he hears the cash register ring. He looks over to see the barista turning around to make the drinks, then he gapes at John, "Oh you- I was supposed to pay."

They walk over to the table near the window, "Sorry I'm just not used to my date paying for me, I'm usually the one you pays."

"Ah, alright. Well, next time I pay." John smiles and lifts an eyebrow, "Next time?"

"Well of course. I want to know all about you. You seem like a very interesting person." The same barista walks over to the table with both drinks in hand. "Thank you." John softly says to him as he walks away.

"So how old are you?" John takes a sip of his tea before answering,

"I'm 16 but I will be turning 17 in December. What about you?"

"I just turned 17 in August. But tell me, what's your favorite place in the world?" James drinks from his cup.

"Ah that's a hard one, I don't really go out all the much. My friends usually come over to my house a lot, so I would say my house." John replies with a smile

"Besides Noah do you have any other friends?"

"Yes, I have three other friends. Their names are; Jessica, Emily, and Shawn. Shawn is new around here and at my school. He is so shy and quiet you can barely tell he is there. But he is a great person once you get to know him. This one time he-"

"Well, it looks like you like you are more interested in Shawn than your other friends." James teases him, making John blush and look down.

"No, it's not that, I just haven't made a new friend in a long time. I'm just a bit excited that's all."

"I'm just teasing, don't worry."

"What about you? Who are your friends?" John repeats the question

"I don't really have friends, I only hang out with Noah and two other guys. But they aren't important."

The rest of the date they both spend it by talking about their favorite hobbies, music, books, and about their most embarrassing moments.

It was 8:46 when James' car pulled up in John's driveway. John and he walk up to his door and stand outside. "Thank you for a lovely night, James."

James smiles, "I'm glad you had a great time, I did." They both awkwardly stand there for a while, occasionally both of them leaning in and out.

"Well, I've got to go." James awkwardly chuckles as he starts to walk away.

"Wait James!" John yells, James stops walking. John walks towards him, debating on whether he should or not do it.

Screw it, he thought as he raises his head to kiss James. He lets his lips linger for while both lips not moving. It was a soft simple kiss, John breaks away and smiles, James returning the smile.

"Someone had to do it."

This makes James smile bigger, "Goodnight John." He turns and walks to his car again. He gets in and drives away.

John looks up towards Shawn window.

"Sweet dreams." He whispers as he walks in and closes the front door.