Four

August 16, 2014

Shawn woke up with a massive headache. He sets the pillow, that he was hugging, aside and sits up. Rubbing his head, he looks behind him to see John isn't in bed. He stands up but falls back down on the bed. Again he tries to stand but he stumbles back, he catches himself and walks downstairs where he could smell the coffee.

"Noah stop it, that's for Shawn. You already got your portion of food ." John softly smacks Noah's hand away from the plate.

"I'm still hungry, please can I have more?"

"Fine but you're washing the dishes." John looks up and smiles when Shawn enters the room. Noah turns to look at him too.

"Damn Shawn you look like hell." John smacks Noah on the back of his head and Noah starts rubbing his head.

Shawn weakly smiles and sits down at the breakfast bar, "Do I? I thought I looked great." He sassily replies. John walks over with a glass of water and two pills. "How are you feeling?" John quietly asks him, Shawn doesn't reply. Instead, he takes the glass and pills.

"Well, I've gotta go thanks for breakfast John." Noah grabs his sweater and walks out. John turns to him, "Hey! You were supposed to wash the dishes!" He yells but Noah was already out the door. John looks back at Shawn and they both stay silent.

"This is for me?" Shawn asks while pulling the plate closer to him.

"Oh yes! Thought you'd be hungry." John smiles

"Thank you." Shawn takes the fork up to his mouth, he looks around in silence. After a while he speaks up, "Uh if you don't mind me asking, where are your parents?" John walks over to cabinets and starts putting everything away.

"Mom is at the hospital, working. She's a surgeon, isn't home a lot. While my dad well he left when I was 10 so." Shawn looks up at him with a frown on his face, "Oh I'm sorry John." was all he could say.

John turns back and gives him a little smile, "S'okay, we're better off believe me." He looks down to see Shawn's empty plate. "Wow, you were really hungry."

Shawn laughs quietly and stands up, "Yea I was, thank you by the way." He heads to the sink but John takes the plate from him. "I'll wash the dishes." He turns on the sink but Shawn puts his hands on the plate.

"Please let me, I want to help you." He softly removes John's small hands and starts washing the plate and other dishes that are in the sink. John softly smiles and starts cleaning the rest of the kitchen.

After they are both done they walk up to John's room, talking about movies. Shawn walks over to the side of the bed he slept in and picks up his phone. It was 2 pm, he only had a few messages from his online friend, nobody else. What a surprise, he puts his phone away and decides to text her later.

"Do you want to do something?" John sits down at his desk and turns on his laptop. Shawn turns to face him and sits down at the edge of the bed. "You aren't going to another party today?"

"Well, I'm sure Noah is going to want me to go with him to another but I don't want to leave you if you don't want to go. Unless you want to go? Or you could want to go home?"

"I think I'll skip this one if he does want to go, but of course you can't ditch him so go with him!"

"I think he'll understand, besides I'd rather stay home then go out." John closes his laptop, no knowing why he turned it on in the first place.

"Have you seen James Bond movies?" John walks up to his closet which has movies.

"Uh no, but I have heard of him."

John looks at him and smiles, "Righ, we're having a Bond night if you have nothing to do."

"Nope, I don't."

John closes his closet, "Great, let's go." He walks out and Shawn follows behind.