Twenty- Five

Three weeks.

It's been exactly three weeks since John told Shawn how he felt.

The first week was extremely awkward, Shawn and John still walked home from school together. They wouldn't talk about it. The silence that once used to be comfortable is now awkward. Shawn would make up excuses now and then that he had to go run an errand, John tried to help him with this fake errand but Shawn would politely decline him.

None of their friends had no idea of what had happened between them. Noah suspected but never asked.

The second week not much had happened- they slowly started to be comfortable around each other again. Silences were still awkward but one of them would quickly come up with a topic to talk about.

By the third week it seemed as if nothing had happened between them. Like it was all just some weird dream.

Three weeks since Shawn and John have been sort of intimate with each other. Sometimes John had wished he never even said anything, but at the same time he tells himself that it was inevitable.

Shawn on the other hand was also bummed at first. He liked holding and being held by someone. He liked kissing and being kissed by John, it felt nice. But after a few days it felt like he was sobering up and he thought about what they both used to do.. and it seemed funny. They're friends and nothing more, he isn't gay. And if he was maybe he wouldn't date a guy from his group, it never ends well.

For three weeks John had been silently hoping Shawn would come up to his door and tell him he likes him. He hoped of holding and kissing Shawn again. But as the weeks slowly dragged on, so did his hopes. By the third week John had come to accept that Shawn no longer had any interest in him, and that he should move on.

And he did?