Six

August 18, 2014

The next day the five of them had to go back to school. It was like any other day, Shawn not paying attention to what the teachers said. John being ahead of the class. Noah fooling around and getting detention. And finally, Jessica and Emily not leaving each other sides. When it was finally the end of school they all went their separate ways, except for Shawn and John who walked home together.

They walk in silence, it was a comfortable silence. The only things you could head were their footsteps and the leaves crunching underneath them.

"Do you want to do something? I've got nothing to do and no homework." Shawn turns to ask the smaller boy next to him.

"Oh sorry Shawn, tonight I have... Well, I have a date." John gives him a crooked smile.

"Really? That's great! What's her name? Is she from school?" John stops walking but Shawn continues until he notices that he stopped. He looks behind him and sees John playing with the straps of his backpack.

"Yea about that... I'm not, well you know." Shawn gives him a confused look, "Girls... aren't really my area." Shawn gasps when he understands.

"Oh, John I'm sorry for assuming that you were."

"It's okay, my fault for not telling you really. I guess I was kinda scared of how you would react." Shawn walks closer and looks down at him, John looks up, light brown meeting dark emerald eyes.

"I'm not like that, it's all fine." Shawn gives him a small smile which makes John's heart beat slightly faster.

"Thank you." They both start to walk again.

"So then what's his name?"

"His name is James, Noah knows him."

"Ah, where will he be taking you?"

"Uh, I don't know. I didn't ask."

"If you don't mind me asking when did you come out?"

"In 7th grade, that's why I got bullied, mostly."

Shawn stops walking and pulls John into a hug, "I'm sorry that happened to you. You didn't deserve that." John rests his chin on Shawn's shoulder. He couldn't hug him back due to his arms being trapped by Shawn's slightly bigger ones.

"S'okay, I'm kinda over it."

"But still, that must've been horrible. I'm glad Noah was there." Shawn finally let's go, "Yea me too." John answers quietly.

"Well have fun on your date, remember to be careful. If he starts being inappropriate you leave alright? Well, that's only if you don't want to... of course if you want to then go right ahead. Your decision, you know what? I'll just shut up." Shawn starts to blush which makes John laugh, Shawn starts walking to his house, John doing the same.

--

John gets out of the shower, a towel around his waist. He walks into his room and goes to his closet, deciding on what to wear. After a while, he chooses a white t-shirt with a navy bomber jacket and black skinny jeans. Next, he walks over to the mirror, he puts his dark brown hair in a quiff and adds a slight swoop.

He picks up his phone to check the time, it's 6:10, and as he puts his phone in his pocket, he hears the doorbell ring. He starts to get nervous, the only person he has gone out on a date was Connor and that was ages ago. And he has never been on a blind date, oh god what if this doesn't end up well.

He takes a deep breath and walks down the stairs, he stands before the door and fixes himself slightly before opening. Once he does James smiles, his teeth were perfect, they almost looked fake. He had a slight tan, his eyes were blue, he had short black straight hair that was in a fringe. And of course he was taller than him, but a bit shorter than Shawn.

"I'm guessing you are John?"

John nods, "Yep, great observation skills." James laughs, "Well you're sassy, I'm starting to like you. Shall we go?" John closes the door and starts walking beside James, they both go to his car, James walking him to the passenger seat and opening the door for him.

"Oh, thank you." Before he goes in John looks up to see Shawn staring out his window, smiling and with a thumbs up. He smiles at himself and gets in, James walking to the driver's seat once he closed the door. He looks over at John, "Ready?"

John nods in response and James starts the car.