Twenty- Eight

November 7, 2014

"Do you guys want to come over my house?"

John asks as the last bell rings, him and his get up from their chairs and start packing up their things. Jessica looks over at Emily, "Sure, we've got nothing to do."

"I'll come too." Noah replies, John looks over at Shawn who was smiling and nodding his head.

"Do you have food?" Emily questions, the small gang start to walk out of the class- heading to John's house.

"Um we can make brownies? I also have cookie dough and popcorn is that fine?" John answers

"That's great!" Jessica exclaims

As they walk to John's house they talk about what to watch and what games they should play: they decide to watch the first thing that comes up on Netflix and play truth or dare.

Once at the house the four friends start to prepare the snacks while Noah sets up the living room with blankets and pillows.

"Okay Emily and I will make the cookies, Noah you make the popcorn, and John," Jessica turns to him and points at Shawn, "make the brownies with Shawn."

The boys glance at each other but quickly look away. Jessica knows what happen, John had to tell someone, and he couldn't tell Noah because he knows that he would want to talk to Shawn about it. He told Jessica hoping she would do nothing about it, he just needed someone to hear his rants. But as he looks over at her he knows he made a mistake, she winks slowly and he shoots her a glare.

Jessica clasps her hands, "Okay let's get to work because I am starving."

John mentally screams and cringes

Everyone goes around the kitchen getting out the essentials they need, they've been to John's house many times before so they know where everything is. Shawn however still isn't familiar so he follows John, standing right behind him as he grabs the ingredients needed to make the brownies.

"Butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, cocoa.." John softly mutters as he puts each item on the counter. "Shawn can you get a bowl and a whisk," He points to the cabinet on top of the black stove, "They're up there."

"Okay," Shawn walks up to the cabinet, and without going on his tiptoes he opens the cabinet easily, getting out the bowl and whisk. John watches and quietly laughs as Shawn comes back to him.

He sets the bowl by John's hand, "What's funny?"

John started to put the ingredients in the bowl, "Nothing it's just that I have to kind of go on my tippy toes to reach the bowl and I just looked over and you didn't even have to stretch one bit. You're really tall."

"I'm not that tall!" Shawn argues

"You are! There's nothing wrong with that."

"I know, I just don't like being taller than others."

"I'm sure you're not the only tall one."

They fall silent but luckily Noah had put some music so it wasn't too quiet

Shawn cracked open the eggs and puts them in the bowl as John mixed them into the batter. "John you're going a bit too slow."

"My hand's starting to hurt."

"Here, let me." Shawn removes John's hand and wraps his own around the whisk.

John steps back and lets Shawn take over for him. "Thank you."

Shawn smiles, "No worries."

"Can you guys like hurry up, the cookies are ready to be put in the over." Emily says as she bends over trying to get her finger in the batter to taste it, John slaps her hand away.