Thirteen

August 26, 2014 7:40 am

"Its been such a long week! Cant wait for the weekend." Jessica cheerfully says as the 5 of them walk through the schools doors. They all turn to her and give her a disapproving look

"What the hell are you talk about 'a long week'? Jessica, it's Tuesday for fucks sake."

"You know what? Shut up Noah, Im trying to be positive! Emily lets go to class." Jessica huffs and walks away, holding Emily's hand. Emily uses her free hand to wave bye to the boys.

"Noah, that was rude. You are going to apologize to her when you see her." John sternly says, making Noah groan.

Shawn stays quiet, he wasn't feeling well. He felt sad and insecure. He always felt insecure but today he felt more than any other day.

"Shawn?" Shawn snaps out of his thoughts and looks at John, who is standing in front of him, "What's wrong? You stopped walking, and we are going to be late for class."

"Oh I'm sorry, lets go." He starts to walk but John places his hand on Shawn's chest, stopping him. Shawn looks down at his hand then looks back up at John.

"Wait, what is it? We can go to the bathroom and talk if you want. Class can wait." John gives him a small smile, Shawn wanted to return one but he really didn't feel like smiling.

"No, it's okay. Let's go." Shawn removes John's hand, which was still resting on his chest.

Shawn walks ahead, leaving John behind him. He goes into his classroom, two minutes late, and sits in the remaining seat.

Shawn spent all his classes being quiet, which wasn't unusual. Still nobody would try to talk to him, and he had no interest in trying to talk to them either. When lunchtime came around Shawn felt a little relieved, knowing school would end soon. Just two more classes and he can finally go home.

He takes his time walking to their spot on the bleachers. When he gets to the entrance he notices his friends in the same spot, Laughing, talking, and eating. It seems like they were having so much more fun without him.

His phone rings, he doesn't even bother to look at the caller, he already knows its not his parent or friends. Leaving just one person,

"Hello?" Shawn says in a flat voice, he looks up at the bleachers and sees John holding his phone to his ear.

"Shawn! Are you just going to stand there or are you coming up?"

"Coming." Shawn responds, hanging up. He walks up the bleacher stairs and sits down on John's right side. Noah was now using his phone, Emily and Jessica were watching a video on youtube. John turns to face Shawn, he smiles and hands him a water bottle.

"Um, Im fine thanks." Shawn turns him down and John sets the water aside.

"Shawn, tell me whats wrong. You're quiet but not this quiet. Please? I want to help you."

Shawn stands up, "Im fine. I need to go, I forgot I need to meet with my music teacher for.." He thinks for a while, trying to come up with an excuse. "For something, see you later yeah? Bye guys." Shawn quickly walks down the steps.

John sighs as he watches Shawn walk away. Shawn spends the remainder of lunch in the library. When lunch was over he walks to his class, he was in a deep thought until he bumped into someone.

"Sorry." Shawn mumbles and the person laughs, instantly knowing who it was. Shawn gives him a small smile, "Sorry John, wasn't looking."

John returns the smile, "S'okay, at least you finally smiled. Let's go to class." They both walk side by side to their class, it wasn't far from the library so they got there fast.