Eleven

August 23, 2014 7pm

Shawn: hi Chloe! want to come over and watch a movie?

Chloe: sure! but I actually have a basketball game in about 30 min.. maybe I'll get there at 9?

Shawn: thats fine! good luck at the game!

Chloe: thank you, see you later!

***
August 23, 2014 9:15pm

There was a knock on the door and Shawn gets up, pausing the tv show that he was currently watching. He opens the door and reveals Chloe, she had her hair up in a pony tail and was wearing sweatpants with a sweatshirt.

"Hi!" Shawn smiles and lets her in, "Hey, how was your game?" They both walk yo the living room and sit on the couch, Shawn turns to face her.

"Uh it was good, we lost though. 22-25." She frowns,

"Aw I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I'm sure we'll get them next time."

They smile at each other and stay silent. This time it wasn't the comfortable kind, it felt like the awkward type of silence. Shawn thought of things to say,

"What are-" He clears his throat, "I mean- What do you want to watch?" He asked and Chloe turned to look at the tv.

She lets out a breath, "Anything is fine really."

"Alright." Shawn goes on Netflix and clicks on the first tv show or movie he sees.

During the movie Shawn would sometimes catch Chloe staring at him, and when he would turn to loom at her she would look away.

They were playing tag, and it kept going for half of the movie, "Whats wrong?" Shawn finally asked and Chloe looks down at her lap and back up, she gets closer to Shawn. Close enough that Shawn could feel her warm breath on his face.

"Can I kiss you?" She quietly asks and all Shawn does is nod. He closes the small space between them. Shawn still didn't know how to kiss well, and since Chloe hadn't kissed anyone before, the kiss was a mess.

The kiss didn't feel right, but he didn't have the guts to tell her. He let her lead the kiss, trying his best to be in sync with her. After a while, Chloe's lips start to taste salty. Shawn pulls away and looks at her, she had a few tears down her face, and he cheeks looked rosy.

"Chloe whats wrong?" She sniffles and Shawn moves closer again,

"It's nothing, I'm sorry." she wipes a tear from her eye, "No, please tell me. I want to help you if I can." She looks at him and sighs, not really sure if she should tell him.

"Okay, well I have been thinking a lot lately, and um." She stops and starts to shake slightly, Shawn pulls her in for a hug. He wraps both of his arms around her and she lays her head on the crook of his neck.

"It's okay Chloe, take your time."

She takes a few deep breaths, "Im gay." Shawn's heart starts to race, he doesn't say anything, he stays there hugging her.

"Oh Chloe," She breaks up the hug, "I am so sorry Shawn, I just- I thought I could learn to like you but. I just can't. I don't want to be-"

Shawn cuts her off, "Hey. Look," He softly tilts her chin up so she is looking at him, "Don't be scared to be who you are. Who you are, it matters. And if people cant accept that, then they aren't worth it. They should love you because of who you are, not because of who you date and like. Okay?" Shawn gives her a smile, Chloe weakly returns one back.