Ten

August 23, 2014 6:54pm

John was downstairs, dressed and ready to go, he sits at the couch and takes his phone out to entertain himself while he waits for James. But before he could even open an app there is a knock at the door.

"Coming!" John walks over to the mirror and does his little routine before going out; checking his fringe and making sure his outfit looks okay. He looked alright if he was honest with himself he liked his hair. Probably his best feature, and his eyes. Before he could get to thinking about his flaws, he walks to the door and opens it.

"Hi, John, ready to go?" James puts his hands in his front pockets and smiles. John walks out and closes the door

"Yep, let's go."

"The house isn't far from here."

"Hm yeah, once I walked out I could slightly hear the music. I'm just realizing that we all live close to each other? It's weird." John says and James laughs, making him smile. It's a great feeling making another person laugh. As they walk to the party they talk about what they wish to do after high school, and occasionally they would walk in silence. Which was then interrupted by John's laugh.

James looks over at him confused and chuckles, "What?" Which makes John laugh harder

"I don't know," He clutches his stomach, "I just-" He takes a deep breath and continues "I'm sorry I'm so weird, I always tend to laugh when it's silent. You can imagine the few funerals I have gone to."

James shakes his head and laughs. They finally get to the house and walk inside. The house looked enormous on the outside but once you walked inside, it looked small. It was crammed with drunk, high, and oversexed teenagers.

James leans in John's left ear, "Let's get a drink yeah?" John shakes his head in response and James starts walking to the kitchen, John following behind. They have a bit of trouble getting there, couples didn't want to break apart just for a second, they had to break them apart to go through. But once they finally make it into the kitchen they are greeted by Noah who was talking to Jessica and Emily,

"Hey, guys! Jessica, Emily I didn't know you guys were going to be here." John walks over to them, screaming over the loud music

"Yeah well Emily came over and we had nothing to do so... Hey, where's Shawn?" Jessica screams back

"I think he is out with a girl?"

"Oh, that's nice! What's her name?"

"Is she hot?" Noah and Jessica ask at the same time. John shrugs as he makes himself a gin and tonic, "Uh I don't know her name." He replies ignoring Noah's question. He brings the cup to his mouth and takes a sip of his drink, looking over at James he gasps. "Oh sorry! Guys, this is James! James this is Jessica, Emily, and you know Noah."

James smiles and shakes Jessica and Emily's hand, "Nice to meet you."

Emily whispers in Jessica's ear, and Jessica nods, "Are you guys together?" she asks and Emily smacks her arm.

"No"
"Yes"
John and James answer at the same time, they look at each other and raise their eyebrows, "I thought we were together!" James frowns. John shrugs as he takes another sip of his drink, "Well you thought wrong Sir." James playfully clutches his chest and John rolls his eyes.