Twenty- Seven

November 15, 2013

Three months of school and its been going great, well at least others seemed to think so. John wasn't having a such a fun time being a sophomore, he didn't do anything exciting. He would do the same thing everyday; go to school, go home, do homework and that was it. His friends didn't really like going out as much, something about relaxing before getting to the serious stuff in school.

John thought differently, he wanted to have fun before he couldn't anymore. He wanted to go out with his friends and not come back till late, and if his mom didn't let him then he would sneak out. John wanted excitement and a bit if danger in his life, he wanted to feel the adrenaline rush through his veins, he wanted to feel alive.

That's why he decided to go to the school "sophomore's night out". Well actually a friend in english class made him come, she had organized the whole thing, she wanted sophomores to come together and be friends.

John didn't really want to make friends with anyone else at the school, they were all unfriendly, but there would be free food so he thought what the hell.

John's little group somehow found a way out of the meet up- leaving John alone.

The meeting took place in the school's gym. As soon as John walks in he is greeted by soft music playing in the background, he looks around and sees Lily, the one who invited him. Since he really didn't know other people he walks up to her, giving her a small smile.

"Hi Lil,"

Lily says bye to the person she was talking to and turns to John, returning the smile, "John! Im so glad you came!" She places her hand on his shoulder and shakes it slightly. "Where are your friends?"

John lets out a deep sigh, "They had other plans, Im here alone."

"Oh Im sorry. But hey that's why you're here! To make friends." She turns John and gives him a little push, "Go, shoo."

John playfully groans, he turns around and Lily points to the small group of people, instead he walks to the small table full of food, he grabs an Oreo and stuffs it in his mouth he picks up one more and walks over to the bleachers

He sits at the bottom pulling his phone out and checks his messages:

Noah: sorry we didn't go

Emily: yeh sorry

Jessica: soz j

John doesn't answer,

"Hi Lily,"

John looks up to see who was greeting her, it was his "locker neighbor"

"Hi! Thank you for coming," Lily greeted excitedly

"Thank you for inviting me, what will we be doing?" The tall boy asked

"Well we'll be doing some activities to get to know others, oh and we have some food over there, drinks over there and..."

As Lily goes on talking about the meeting, the boy glances over to John with a small smirk on his lips.

John quickly looks down at his phone, pretending to text.

The stranger turns back to Lily, pretending to look interested, "Great, sounds like fun. Im going to take my seat now." He turns to John, giving him a small smile before he walks past him and sits behind him.

John shuts his phone off and stores it in his back pocket.

A few minutes later Lily is introducing herself to the whole class, she explains some of the activities they will be doing and how everyone needs to pick a partner.

John silently groans and sneakily looks behind him, hoping to see the tall boy- but he wasn't there. John confusingly looks around for him but he was no where to be found.

Everyone around him were pairing up so before anyone can come up to him he rushed to the boys' locker room and into the bathroom.

He turns the sink on and washes his face with water, a few seconds later someone walks out of a bathroom stall, startling him.

It was the his locker neighbor- he avoids his gaze as the boy walks to the sink and washes his hands. John watches his hands cautiously as he washes them

When he's done he shakes his hands, drying them a little, he walks over to the towel dispenser and grabs all the napkins, patting his hands and throwing them in the garbage.

John watches his weirdly, the boy looks ups at him realizing that he just saw what he had done.

"Oh sorry, were you going to get one?"

John opens his mouth but nothing comes out, the stranger turns to the bin and grabs a napkin from the top of the pile, stretching it out. "Here you go," He hands it to him and John takes it. The boy winks and John smiles ad he mutters a small thank you.

The tall boy walks past him, saying "Come with me." before walking out of the bathroom. The door closes and John looks down at the paper towel, he crumbles it and throws it into the bin, making it in.

He turns around and walks out of the bathroom and follows the stranger without thinking twice.