Twenty- Four

September 27

Shawn lazily sits up on his bed and opens his eyes, trying to adjust to the sun that was coming in through the blinds. Before he gets out of bed he turns to his bedside table and picks up his phone, he unplugs it and checks his home screen for notifications- some twitter and youtube notifications and surprisingly, a text from Ian, his best friend.

"Hm," He gets up, leaving the phone behind and ignoring the text he had received. He walks out of his room and walks downstairs, it was 8 in the morning and he was in pajama pants with no shirt on, he goes into the kitchen and smiles politely at his dad. "Good morning,"

"Morning Shawn," His dad replies, not looking up from his phone. Shawn walks up to the cupboard and gets out a box of cereal. "Where's mom?"

His dad briefly looks up and back down to his watch, "She's uh- she's already at work." He scrambles to his feet and gathers the mess of papers and stuffs them into a small backpack, "I've gotta go, have fun today." Then he walks out of the house without saying another word.

"Sure," Nobody was there to listen but he responds anyways. He puts the box pack into the cupboard and sits on the dining table, head paying on it, he closes his eyes, resting them as he tries to think of what to do on a Saturday.

Shawn gets up and walks back upstairs and into his room. He looks out the window and stares out into the empty neighborhood, the wind was blowing hard, making trees sway back and forth. Shawn looks down at his phone,

"Oh, whatever." He grumbles as he picks up his phone, opening the text message-

Ian: hey Shawn :)

Shawn sighs before texting back

Shawn: hi

He puts the phone back down before picking it up again as he hears the text tone.

Ian: wyd

Shawn: nothing, just sitting here.. texting you

Ian: nice

Shawn: yea, and u?

Ian: bored :/

Shawn stares down at his phone, thinking of what to reply with. The three dots keep on appearing and disappearing from his screen.

Ian: do you think maybe I can come see you?

Shawn's eyes go slightly wide, he brings a finger up to mouth and starts to nervously chew on a fingernail, he quickly starts before he redevelops the habit.

Shawn: sure! what time do you think you'll be here?

Ian: well its an hour drive, maybe i'll be there in maybe 2 hrs?? ive got to do somethings before i leave

Shawn: alrighty

Ian: :)

Shawn sends him his address and he stands up from his bed with a big grin on his face. He walks out of his room and into the bathroom. After a nice, long shower, he picks out his outfit for the day, which is the usual; a flannel with a solid color undershirt and skinny jeans.

Its been barely 40 minutes and Shawn had some time to spare before his buddy came, so he took that time and made his room nicer than it usually is.

After 30 minutes of cleaning his room and around the house he gets a text from Ian saying he was about 30 minutes away.

He walks downstairs and sits on his couch, crossing his right leg over his left he leans back and gets his phone out from his back pocket. He opens his messages that he has received;