Fifteen

September 4, 2014 3:30pm

John's phone chimes, he lazily sits up and grabs it from the coffee table.

James: hey John how are you feeling?

John: I felt sick so I stayed in.

There was a knock on the door, making John groan. He gets up from his comfortable spot and opens the door.

"Oh, hey James." John gives him a quick smile

"Hi, I just came over to check up on you quickly. Im heading to work." James informs him as he adjusts his backpack on his shoulder.

John rests the side of his head on the door, "Um, thank you."

James smiles and leans in to give John a kiss. John reacts and moves his head away, James gives him a confused and embarrassed look.

"I- I don't want to get you sick." John apologizes, adding a fake cough. He looks behind James' shoulder and notices Shawn, who was standing there, but quickly walked away when John looked his way.

"Shawn!" John smiles and waves, Shawn standstill for a few seconds, shoulders tensing. James turns around, with a serious look on his face. Shawn turns around slowly and shyly waves back at John.

"Come over here!" John yells. Shawn takes a deep breath, tightening his hold on the white plastic bag. He crosses the street and makes his way up to John's porch.

James watches him as he walks up steps, Shawn looks up and gives him a small, shy smile.

He changes the bag to his other hand and extends his hand to greet James. "Hi, I'm Shawn." He introduces himself. James looks down at his hand, not shaking it.

"And Im James." He gives Shawn a forced smile. Shawn's heart starts to race, he puts his hand down.

"Nice to finally meet you," He gives him another smile and turns to John. "Noah said you were sick so I brought-"

"I um, have to go." James interrupts, he looks at John.

"Oh, alright. Bye," James starts to lean in again but John coughs, making him turn around and walk away. Embarrassment and slight anger clearly written all over his face.

John and Shawn stay silent until James they can no longer see him. John exhales and Shawn looks at him, debating if he should ask whats wrong.

"Um, I know I shouldn't ask because it's none of my business, but um; are you guys okay?" John gives him a sad smile, he moves to the side, letting Shawn in.

Shawn walks in and waits for John, so he could follow him. They walk to the living room, John sits in the same spot he was. Shawn has a seat on the small love seat.

Shawn looks down at his lap, forgetting that he had the plastic bag. "Oh right, here." He gets up and hands John the bag. "As I was saying, Noah said you were sick so I brought you some medicine, tea, some gummy bears." John looks up at him and smiles, Shawn returns it.

"Thank you Shawn, you didn't have to buy me this." Shawn turns back around and sits down again.

"I know, but I wanted to."

John grabs the gummy bear bag and opens it, taking a red one out and biting the head off first.

Shawn wants John to tell him his problems, he wants to listen and help in any ways he can. But he doesn't know what to say, he doesn't want to sound nosy. It takes a while for him to come up with something.

"So, you're okay?" Shawn asks slowly, unsure if he should ask.

John takes another bite of s gummy bear, "I did something bad." He puts the gummy bears aside, "I don't want to tell you what, I don't want to make you uncomfortable." He looks up, making eye contact. Shawn nods, silently telling him it's okay.