Twenty- Three

September 19, 2014

John snaps his fingers, "Ah right, I keep forgetting," He stops walking and the rest stop too, "Your sweatshirt Shawn, you left it last night."

John hands him his maroon sweatshirt, "Oh yeah, thanks." Shawn grabs it and stuffs it inside his backpack.

"Wait, last night? What happened last night?" Noah asks, glancing at both boys who were beginning to get flustered.

"Nothing?" John and Shawn quickly answer at the same time while looking at each other. Noah squints his eyes and looks over to the girls who were just listening to the conversation.

"Do you guys want to do anything today? Maybe go shopping? Or to my house?" John changes the subject hoping Noah stops asking.

"Can we go shopping? I need socks and I'm hungry." Jessica chimes in

"Yeah me too, I want some fries or something." Emily adds and Jessica's eyes light up, they both nod and begin to walk in front of the boys.

"What was that?" Noah asks, they start walking towards the small mall near them.

"It's like they had some kind of mental conversion or something," John shrugs.

As they walked to the mall, John would be talking the whole time, making sure Noah doesn't get a chance to ask questions again.

Shawn felt relieved that he didn't have to tell them yet, but he felt bad. He hated asking John to keep this from his best friend, he needs to figure out what he wants and quick.

All he knows is that he would like to keep kissing John's soft lips, he's never wanted to kiss someone this bad before. It could be nice but kissing is.. just wet lips and sharing saliva, that's weird. But with John... he could spend all day kissing that mouth.

Shawn had absolutely no idea what to do so he let John lead and he did this thing where..

"Ow!"

Shawn stumbles back and a quiet vibration goes through his ears. He rubs his forehead, hoping some of the pain goes away, but he knows it's useless.

"Did you just bump into the pole?" Noah asks, almost snickering. John walks towards Shawn and pulls his head down to see his head.

"Yeah?" Shawn didn't even see the pole, this was really embarrassing for him.

"Are you okay Shawn?" John softly touches the small bump forming on his forehead making Shawn wince quietly. "Sorry," He whispers, he takes this chance and runs his fingers through his his hair. It was wavy and starting to get long.

"Alright lovebirds, let's go I'm hungry." Noah turns around and walks away slowly. John smiles and turns around too, walking behind Noah, and Shawn following them.

The first thing they do when they get to the mall is buy the things the girls needed.

Next, they go to the arcade to play some games, grabbing a small snack of fries and pretzels on their way there. They each spend 5 dollars on arcade coins, as they search for fun games to play, John turns to Shawn.

"Noah and I used to come here almost everyday during summer." Shawn smiles as he rattles the cup full of coins that's in his hand.

"Really? Well I would too," He looks around the spacious room, "It's big and it looks fun." John nods, agreeing with him.

John points to a Star Wars pinball machine, "I used to play this all the time, I was so good at it. I think my high score is still up there." He walks over to the old machine and points at the screen.