Eight

[Edited]
August 22, 2014 3pm

The weekend comes by fast, James and John hung out every day after they both finished school. Leaving Shawn to walk home by himself, but one day he got the courage to go see Chloe. Fortunately, she was there, they both exchanged numbers and have been texting each other whenever they both got the chance. Shawn thought he should take her out but he seemed to be more confident texting her. It was Friday after school, Shawn and John were both walking home.

"So how's it going, with you and James?"

"Uh, it's going great. He is very nice and sweet." John smiles and Shawn does too. "That's great John, and I need to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"So I met this girl, Chloe, and we have been texting and I don't know if I should take her out? You know how I am, I'm a very awkward person... I don't know"

"Aw, that's great! You aren't awkward! You are just a little shy, that's all, but if I were her then I would definitely want you to take me out. You could take her to see a movie... Or a walk in the park! That's always nice and romantic."

Shawn giggles, "Sap." John blushes, "Yea I am."

"Well, I guess I will take her out... I still think relationships aren't my thing."

"Well once you find that person you click with, it can be a beautiful thing." John looks up and smiles at Shawn.

"What are you doing tonight?" Shawn asked

"Dunno, I think I'll just stay home. What about you?"

"Maybe I will ask Chloe out, not sure yet, if not then I'll just stay in."

"Well if you don't go out with her you can come over my house?"

They were both outside Shawn's house, Shawn gets his keys out and opens the door and walks in.

"Okay thank you, John, I'll text you," Shawn replies before closing the door and walking up to his room. John turns around and goes to his own house.

--

Shawn closes his bedroom door behind him and sits down on his bed, phone in hand.

Shawn: hey Chloe! just wanted to ask if you want to hang out tonight?

His finger is touching the send button but he doesn't let go. Does he want this? It didn't go well with his last girlfriend so why should he try again? He doesn't even know why he went over to her house in the first place. Maybe it's just the idea that everyone has somebody in their lives, Noah has his other friends, Jessica has Emily, and John has James...

Shawn lets go of the send button, the message immediately delivered.

"Shit"

Well its too late now, I mean it could go well. But then again she could possibly want to go fast and Shawn will start to get insecure again.

A minute later Shawn receives a text message, he picks up his phone, heart starting to race.

Chloe: I would love to! :)

-what do you have in mind?

Shawn: we could go watch a film? if you want

Chloe: sounds good!

-since you live closer than I can walk to your house and we could go from there?

Shawn: alright! see you here at 7?

Chloe: yep! see you then

"Damn," It's barely 4. Shawn gets up and looks in the mirror, he looked somewhat okay. He was wearing what he usually wears, a hoodie and jeans. He doesn't bother to fix himself, instead, he grabs a book from his desk and begins reading.