chapter 1 The Leaf Village

( The picture above is her ninja outfit with her family crest on the back. This story is a little different because Tsunade is the hokage. And it starts where everyone just got their teams and have been training for about a month and before the chunin exams.)

"I hate talking about it

"I hate talking about it. About what happened because it makes me remember the horrible things that happened to me and to my clan." I said to the Hokage, Lady Tsunade. She just stared at me with her hands folded together with her chin resting upon them. We stared at one another for about five minutes with Kotetsu, the leaf village guard standing next to me waiting for an order of release from the hokage.

"Kotetsu you may leave now." She said nodding towards him. Meanwhile I'm just standing there with my clothes looking like rags, my long curly brown hair looks like a rats nest and I look like I haven't bathed in weeks. Mainly because I haven't escaping from Orochimaru's and having no idea where I was. 

I heard him say 'yes mam' and then the door opened and closed. Which I dreaded because I knew at that moment I would be forced to give up my story if I wanted to become a ninja of the hidden leaf because my home village was the Hidden Mist Village.

"Now then, Michigo Kagami, you said your name was?" I heard her say with a soft but stern voice while she kept her hands folded. She kept staring at me as if she was studying my every move, like if I was to pull a kunai I'd get blasted. That alone made me nervous and afraid. If I said anything wrong or out of the ordinary I would probably get killed knowing she's one of the legendary sannin and the strongest kunoichi alive.

"Y-yes mam" I managed to get out with a stutter. If I didn't seem nervous enough, now I have to make it obvious by stuttering. Great now I look suspicious.

"So Michigo. What's your story? I noticed your of the Hidden Mist village. Am I right? Why do you want to reside in the Hidden Leaf village? Why not just go back to your home village?" She questioned curiously.

Hmm maybe she's not so bad after all.

"Well you see, my clan in the Mist village was burn't alive by a neighboring village. And only I survived." I started with tears brimming my eyes. I was holding them back as hard as I could because I knew the day I became a genin that showing emotions was a sign of weakness.

"It's alright child." Tsunade said in kind words. Its as if she knew and understood how hard it was talking about all your loved ones being dead and your the only survivor.

I was able to push aside my feelings for the moment to tell her the rest of the story so I did.

"Well since I was the only survivor Orochimaru found me and took me in because he wanted to use my kekkei genkai. The ice style. I didn't know this at first, all I knew was he was willing to take me in, train me and take care of me since I was all alone. I was taken in by him at the age of ten. I'm thirteen now. And within those years he trained me in my wind and water style jutsu's. He even helped me with my ice style. It took him about two years of training me and teaching me to use my kekkei genkai. Within the last year, since I was there only three years, he started experiments on me with his assistants help. I don't really remember much about that. All I do remember about that is afterwards I was in extreme pain for about two months and when the pain finally subsided he started training me in a new jutsu, the crystal style jutsu." Once I was done telling her she had a look of shock on her face and I really didn't understand it so I just brushed it off like it was nothing. Probably just some hokage stuff.

"MICHIGO! Where did you come from? And how do you have the crystal style? Do you remember anything at all why he wanted you?" She said with an authoritive voice and a hard look on her face. Making me more uncomfortable by each passing moment.

Oh crap! What did I say now?!

"Umm.. first off I don't know how I have the crystal style. I assume it's because of whatever experiments he did on me and now that I think about it I vaguely remember overhearing him and his assistant talking about him wanting to use my body. But I have no idea what that means and to be honest it kind of scared me so when I saw my chance to escape I did. Also I don't know exactly, all I know its around the land of rice patties. I was wandering around for a couple weeks because it's deep in some forest and I was ten at the time. So I don't really remember where exactly. I got lost a lot. I'm sorry if thats no help." I said sheepishly while scratching the back of my neck.

I hope that helps at least enough for me to stay here.

"Well that's some help. Thank you. And as for Orochimaru's true desire I'm assuming you might want to know why he desired your body?" When she said that it didn't really sound like I had a choice so I listened in anyway. Only because I wanted to get on her good side.

"Yes mam." I replied quickly.

"I'm thinking by the way you said that, he wanted to take your body and use it as his own. Meaning he was going to transfer his own soul into yours. If you hadn't gotten out when you did he would've transferred and you would have been dead." When she finished I had the most horrified look on my face. I silently thanked kami right then that I did get out. I didn't want to die. At least not yet. I'm too young. Besides someone needs to restore the Kagami clan right?

"Its alright. You're safe here in the Hidden Leaf village. Now that, that is out of the way what rank were you before you left your village. I ask because I see you have your headband." She asked curiously with a smile reassuring me that I was safe.
I was so excited to hear that because it meant I was a ninja of the Hidden Leaf now!

"Does that mean I'm ninja of the leaf village?!" I practically screamed that question at her. Making her laugh because of how excited I was.

"Yes it does. Now what rank are you? Oh wait I think I'll keep you a genin since your only 13." She answered with a smile while pulling out a leaf headband.

"Thats great! Thanks! And its ok because I left a newly made genin anyway." I replied excitedly grabbing the handband and putting it around my forehead after removing my old one.

"Alright perfect. Now I'll put you on Kurenai's team. Team eight. You'll meet her here tomorrow and you'll start training the day after because I'll have a special student of mine show you around tomorrow. You'll also be meeting him here. Come at ten am sharp to meet them. Here is your house key you'll actually be living next to him. His name is Naruto Uzumaki. I'll have my assistant here show you your house. Here is some money for food and clothes and supplies to last you till your next mission. I assume you have none considering you lived with Orochimaru. Right?" She told me while handing me my house key and the money. I just nodded my head and thanked her for the money and for letting me stay here. I was at a loss for words at how nice she was considering I wasn't even part of this village till about a couple of minutes ago.

"Shizune." She yelled out at her assistant.

"Yes ma' lady?" She came in holding a pet pig. She was quite pretty. Just like the hokage was. Except she wasn't as big as she was. She looked kind of flat next to her.

"Take this genin to her house. It's right next to Uzumaki's. And show her to the food and supplies store while your at it. She needs clothes, supplies, and food before tomorrow. We can't have her starving tonight." She said sternly with a hard look on her face like she was just waiting for an objection but all she got was a 'yes mam'. I smiled to myself hearing those words.

Finally I can start a new life here. The people here seem nice and welcoming. At least so far. I hope it stays this way.