chapter 38 Entity

Masato's pov

"I didnt recognize his voice." I said looking down. I felt hands on my shoulder. I looked up to see it was Lord Hiashi.

"Stay here in the Hyuga compound. If this man appears we'll catch him." Lord Hiashi said seriously.

"He seems to be after you and he's afraid of the Hyuga clan." Lord Elder started. "Why would we risk such a threat?"

"Because he appeared while Neji was asleep." Lord Hiashi pointed out. "It means he's not all that afraid of the Hyuga clan. He could come after Hanabi."

"You make a valid point." Lord Elder said thinking. "Very well we'll take you both in. But you are to stay in Neji's room."

"With them on one side of the compound and Hanabi on the other we'll be able to tell who this man is truly after. Your kekkei genkai or the secret of the byakugan." Lord Hiashi pointed out.

When they said he'd take us in I was grateful. But that only lasted a second before I heard his voice again.

"They cant save you." I heard him whisper making all the blood from my face drain turning me pale. Ibiki immediately noticed.

"Whats wrong kid? Is he here?" He demanded frowning. I said nothing hut nodded. I was frozen, rooted to my spot.

"Who are you?" I whispered again making everyone go silent.

Thats when we all heard his sinister chuckling.

"That's the man?" Ibiki asked as we all looked around. Every Hyuga in this estate had their byakugan activated and were searching.

"There's no one here." I heard one say.

"I don't sense any chakra." Lord Hiashi said as the others agreed.

By this time a few anbu black ops joined us. Guy sensei, Asuma sensei, Kakashi sensei, Kurenai sensei, and a few other jounin along with the hokage had joined.

"What is happening here?" She demanded. Lord Hiashi, Lord Elder and Ibiki had explained the situation.

"He seems to be after the scorch style." She said thinking. That immediately caught everyones attention. Every Hyuga that is. They were the only ones who didn't know what my kekkei genkai was.

"Scorch style?" Lord Hiashi asked frowning in confusion.

"Yes. This genin here is a scorch style user from the hidden stone village. He was personally recommended by the Tsuchikage himself." She said seriously. This seemed to catch Lord Elder by surprise.

"Thats why I know Masato wouldn't betray the village." Lady Tsunade said crossing her arms. "Hes no threat to us."

She seemed to trying to reassure them. Did he really think I'd betray the village?

"When he left the village the first time he did it because of Michigo kagami." Ibiki told them. He knew they were pondering over the first time I left.

"What are you after?" I asked cutting them all off. They all were surprised. Especially the Hyuga's. They couldn't sense his chakra but I could hear him. And they could if he allowed it.

"The byakugan." I heard him whisper solely to me. I frowned hard. They all questioned me.

I looked into the direction of the Hyuga compound entrance and saw a shadowy man in the distance smirking.

I immediately started making hand signs.
"Scorch style: steam kill." I jumped and threw a fire ball directly at the man. It hit him immediately mummified him in his wake.