chapter 28 Traitors?

Neji pov

It has been a few days since the incident and I was finally being released. The first thing I wanted to do was talk to Lady Tsunade about what happened that day. After I fell unconscious.

So I headed for the hokage's office. Getting there within ten minutes I knocked before letting myself in at the ok.

"Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me what transpired that day?" I asked formally after bowing. She chuckled at me before deciding to answer.

"Well you were immediately transferred to the hospital. After that we sent Michigo, Rintaru, and Masato to ibiki one more time." She paused seeing my frown.

So they betrayed us after all.

"Masato's innocent. However. " She said before I interrupted.

"Hes innocent?  How? He was about to use his jutsu." I questioned frowning. She shook her head seriously.

"He thought they had betrayed us so he was going to fight the both of them." She explained.

"So they didn't? Then why didn't they help? We could've really used it." I said frowning in irritation.

"In a way they did betray the village. By not helping you in retrieving the stolen scrolls." She said seriously. She held her hands folded under her chin.

"So what's there punishment? They cant get off as easily as they did last time." I said anger leaking through my voice.  I immediately subsided it. As I was supposed to.

"I actually wanted your opinion on that. Let's go see them now. They should be training under Guy and Kakashi right now." She said standing up. "Lets go shizune."

"Alright." I said following her out of the office and straight to the training grounds.

"Michigo Kagami. Rintaru Anzu." Lady Tsunade commanded loudly. It was clear she meant business. Everyone scrambled over at the sight of her.

There eyes widened as they saw me approaching from behind her. Michigo held fear. Why? Did she know what was going to happen?

"You have betrayed the village twice already." Lady Tsunade frowned crossing her arms angry.

I stood next to her with a blank expression crossing my features. I honestly had no idea what to feel in that moment.

I mean what was I to do? They betrayed us twice. Where they sent here on a mission?  Was masato part of it? 

Maybe he wasnt. From that last battle he didnt seem to know the enemy. And nothing gets passed Ibiki.

After all he is the head of the torture and interrogation Corp.

"What? No we didn't betray you guys! Honest." Michigo pleaded. They looked to me for looked like help. I didnt say a word.

It was then Michigo got some courage and rage started to show in her eyes.

If she was going to try to pin this on me then they had another thing coming.

As I suspected, she glared at me before she started her argument back. Anger rose within me the longer she continued to glare.

And I believe the hokage and Shizune saw because they frowned. Lady Tsunade was watching me closely from the corner of her eye.

I silently activated my Byakugan. I wasnt going to stand by and let her turn this on me.

"It was him who betrayed the village." Michigo said glaring hard. I was trying my best to keep my emotions under control. That didn't stop me from deactivating my byakugan. "See? He's going to try to hurt us." She frowned crossing her arms challenging me.