chapter 23 Sasuke's Leaving

Michigo pov

After we had been brought back after betraying the village we were sent to ibiki.

The head of the torture and interrogation Corp. He made us suffer and he didnt even lay a finger on us.

He asked no he demanded our intentions and to be honest we had no immediate goal in mind. None other than let's get out of here.

We had no intentions on harming anyone of the leaf. So they let us off with a warning. And the hokage only gave us a few months to one year in prison.

After that we agreed to stay in the village. As we didnt want to be outsiders.
We were going to start a joint training with Kakashi sensei as well as Guy sensei. As well as some ANBU black ops watching us from the shadows for awhile.

Which was annoying because we knew they were there but we had no idea where.

They said they'd kill us on the spot if they thought we'd do any harm to anyone on the leaf. Even if its a push.

After all we are kekkei genkai users. One push would be all it'd take to kill someone.

We were just coming out of our prison and about to join up with the hokage.

When we got out we saw the whole leaf in shambles. The leaf was destroyed.

"What in the world happened here?" I whispered out to my comrades. Hoping they could give me a response. But knowing it was futile.

"The leaf was attacked? How come no one asked for help? We could've been a great asset." Rintaru mumbled frustrated.

It was then that we ran into Lee. He was barely walking. Curious and worried about the rest of the genin. I chased after him. My teammates following.

"Lee!" I called out. Hearing his name being called he turned around. The facial expression on his face made my heart stop.

It was one of severe sadness.

"What happened here?" Masato asked frowning. He was the only one of us that was calm and composed enough to talk at that point.

"The third hokage was killed. And Sasuke has left the leaf village." He mumbled out in sadness. He glared at the ground. Angry. But for what?

The glare on his face made my heart beat even harder. I had a feeling the worst was yet to come. And I feared the answer. But I also needed to know.

"What else happened? " i asked in a shaky voice.

"We werent able to stop him." He said tears leaking down his face.

"Why?" I asked in a whispered.

"Because they came for him. They were too strong of opponents. We weren't strong enough. He left for orochimaru." He said looking to the side face contorted in pain.

My eyes widened. And not only mine but Rintaru's as well.

"Who came for him?" He asked breathless.

"And whose we?" Masato asked frowning.

"The sound ninja four they called themselves. As well as that guy from the kimimaro from the kaguya clan." He answered eyes closing.

"Oh my God. " i was breathless. All the top ninja were away on missions. So the only ones who had to have gone were genin. "Who was among the Sasuke retrieval squad." I asked breathless. Hoping, praying to kami that he didnt go. The sound ninja would've killed them all. They were too strong. Even for me and rintaru. I faced them. Thats how I know.

"Shikamaru is a chunin now so he lead the team. It was Chouji, Naruto, Kiba, and Neji." He answered that last part with hesitation. My eyes widened in fear.

"What happened to everyone? " rintaru asked breathless eyes widening in fear.

"Shikamaru came out with a broken finger. I came back with minor injuries. I wasnt going at first because of my surgery. But as soon as it was over I headed out on my own and caught up to naruto to hold kimimaro back so naruto could go on ahead. If Gaara hadn't gotten there in time. I'd be dead." He said frowning.

"And the others?" Masato demanded.

"Kiba and akamaru came back wounded but not life threatening. " he was avoiding the others condition and i had a vague feeling why.

"And?" Masato wanted to know. We all did. What about Neji? That was the question on all of our minds. He was strong but was he strong enough to defeat them?

"Neji and chouji are currently in surgery. They could go either way. If the medical ninjas hadn't gotten there in time they would have been dead." He closed his eyes tightly.

When I heard that tears started leaking through my eyes.

"I have to help. I'm a medical ninja too. Maybe I can save Neji." Rintaru yelled before running off to the hospital.

"And naruto?" I asked in fear.

"I don't know yet." He said seriously.

Masato and I ran in the direction of the hospital. We needed to see him. I needed to see him. The last thing I wanted was for him to die before he knew how sorry I was.

Tears were now streaming down my face. Fearing the worst. I hoped rintaru got there in time. I hope they left him help.

Upon arriving the desk lady told us where his surgery was taking place and that it has been going on for over three hours and still no progress of him stabilizing.

My heart pounded harder in my chest. Beating against my ribcage. Hurting. There was nothing i could do except wait for good news.

Even so I ran so i was waiting directly outside his operation room. When I got there we saw rintaru outside tears down his face.

"Whats wrong?" I asked sitting down next to him.

"They wont let me help. I'm not skilled enough." He said covering his face with his hands."but I saw his condition. It was terrible. He has a gaping hole in chest and abdomen. " He whispered.

We rubbed his back in hopes to sooth him.

"Neji took on the strongest one." Shikamaru said coming to sit in front of us.

"What?" My eyes widened. "Is he going to make it?" I asked hopeful.

"I don't know. Him and chouji were found unconscious at the scene. Any later and they would've definitely died." He said looking down in frustration. "Both of there surgery has been going on for quite sometime and we still don't know if they'll make it."

That was the last thing he said before quickly taking off. He didn't give us any time to respond.

"Three hours and still ongoing." Masato mumbled frustration clear in his voice.

"And all we can do is wait." Rintaru whispered to no one in particular.

"Why would he do this?" I asked myself. Although I already knew the answer. That was the type of guy he was.