chapter 35 She's Back

Neji pov

All I could do was stand there staring out in the twilight in sadness with longing. I wanted to believe him. I wanted him to come back and stay. But I knew better.

He had to prove it. He had to prove to me that he wasn't going to betray me. Betray us and the village.

I looked on into the night. I only hoped that the Anbu would let me know if they caught something when I wasnt there.

After all if he did something that would hinder my trust towards him then it would be when I wasnt around.

I sighed heavily I knew lord Hiashi was outside. Probably waiting for an explanation.

"Come in." I said lowly as I watched the anbu black ops leave. I deactivated my byakugan finally as I saw no one other then those who live here were in the compound.

"Neji. I assume you know why I'm here." He started as he stood in the open doorway. I turned around to face him respectfully.

"You heard the conversation?" I asked looking down embarrassed. My cheeks were hot with embarrassment. I was just glad that my voice didn't shake.

"I heard most." He answered softly. He had no expression on. He just stood there.

"Then you should know I hadnt known they were here." I said quietly. I had come to the term that I was bisexual. I liked both genders.

But in that moment lord hiashi made me feel as if I shouldn't like either. I felt small under his scrutinizing gaze.

"Im aware." He replied with no emotion. He face was void of any expression. He was calm. But it was his calming demeanor that made me feel afraid. That made me feel disgusted with myself.

The way he was watching me was like he didnt approve of it. Didnt approve of me liking boys. And if he didnt like this then who knew who else wouldn't.

I could feel a tear slip out. I was afraid he would activate the curse mark or kick me out.

"Its alright Neji." He answered softly. I let out a breath I didnt knowni was holding. I was relieved. Very relieved. "However I am here because I want to know why they'd be here."

"Oh that. I was interrogated by the Anbu black ops because of Michigo. She escaped and they wanted me to keep an eye on those two." I relayed quietly. I didnt need anyone hearing. Even if they were lord hiashi would see them faster than I. After all he has a higher range of sight then me.

"So are they with her? On her side?" He asked frowning. He had activated his byakugan.

I frowned in confusion before activating my own. My eyes went wide as I saw in the distance.

Michigo. She was coming our way.

"What now?" I whispered quietly. He gestured for me to follow him silently.

"Yes can I help you?" He asked her as she came up to the entrance. I stayed out of sight watching and listening. It appears as if the other Hyugas who lived here heard the commotion because they woke up and kept silent and out of sight as well. We had about half the compound from the branch family excluding myself hidden from her sight. Lord Elder had woken up and joined him with his own byakugan activated.

I gestured to the house for Hinata and Hanabi to stay out of sight.

"I didnt know you were awake." She said exasperated. We caught her off guard. What was she here for then?

"Did you come for Neji?" He asked with a frown. She knew she was way out classed with lord Hiashi and lord Elder there.

"Wha.. oh ... y-yeah. If you please." She said quietly. She wanted me for something. And I had a bad feeling that she had bad intentions.