chapter 24 Good News

Michigo pov

We were now waiting in the lobby close to both of them.

It was a long wait and as each second passed the more anxious and worried I became.

We heard clicking of heels running. Looking up we saw Shizune. She was Lady Hokages closest aid. The other top medical ninja.

"She mustve been working on Neji." I whispered eyes widening. There was finally some news. News on the man i loved. Was he OK? Did he die? I needed to know. Watching her run towards choujis operation room we took off after her.

"Lady Tsunade!" She yelled turning the corner. She was a lot faster then I  had expected.

"Neji is safe. His condition has stabilized!" She yelled out of breath.

My heart stopped and tears were streaming down my face with joy. He made it. I thanked Kami for hearing my prayers.

"Also Kakashi and Naruto have just arrived in the village and been examined. Narutos wounds are serious but not life threatening. There going to be ok." She said breathless. I was holding my face crying. My teammates kneeling beside me as i had dropped to the ground finally hearing the good news I had been waiting so desperately to hear.

She looked behind her to see me and smiled gently down at me. I was so happy to hear he wasn't going to die.

"Would you like to see him?" She asked softly kneeling down in front of me. I looked up to her in hope. My tears stopped at hearing her voice.

I couldnt answer. My voice wasn't working. So all i could do was nod. She smiled and gestured us to follow. It took a bit to get to his room. He was on the second floor.

"Here. This is his room. He just got out of surgery so be careful and don't touch him." She said smiling. We nodded and entered one at a time as quietly as possible.

When we got in he was all bandaged up. He was awake and looking out the window. Im sure he heard us but he didn't look over.

He mustve been exhausted. But of course he wasn't sleeping.

"Neji." I whispered catching his attention. He jumped. Although knowing he had visitors he still jumped.

Turning his head to face us. My heart stopped once more. He had such a gentle and peaceful look on. He was no longer angry or irritated.

He was different somehow. Now I really wanted to know what had happened while we were in prison.

He didnt say anything just smiled at us. There was an expression on his face, one i hadn't seen before.

It was the first time he has shown me his true emotions. Being a ninja he knew to keep his emotions in check. But now sitting there he wasnt hiding them.

"Good to see you're ok." He said softly with the kindest voice smiling gently up at me.

It was then that Hinata had barged in with a worried expression. She looked just as relieved as I was.

"Brother Neji." She said a few tears running down her face. It was obvious in the past that he had hated her. But the way he smiled at her he changed. There was no longer any hatred in his voice.

"Hello lady hinata." He greeted with a smile and nod. She smiled towards him grateful that he lived through this. "Im sorry to have failed."

"No you didnt fail brother. You killed him after all." She said coming forward. I gasped hearing that. Rintaru did as well.

He had killed him. How? Why? Kidomaru was stronger then any of us.

"How?" I asked with a gasp. He looked up to us and chuckled.