chapter 31 Feelings

Neji pov

We were heading to the barbecue place for dinner when I got a little tug on the back of my shirt.

It wasnt a big one just a small one. Small enough for only me to notice.

I glanced back behind me to see it was Shikamaru and Lee. I frowned silently asking them what they wanted. Shikamaru lightly and inconspicuously gestured with his eyes for me to follow.

He wanted to talk to me. It mustve been important if he wanted me alone. I nodded lightly without anyone noticing and thought of an excuse to get away.

"You guys go on ahead theres something I have to check out." I said catching their attention. Most of them nodded however Masato frowned.

I smiled gently and shook my head. Reassuring him it was nothing he needed to be concerned about. It was all I could think of to make him go on ahead.

Once he was reassured I hung back and walked to a different building. A dango shop where they wouldnt notice my presence or see me.

Once I had they were inside Shikamaru and Lee came in to join me. I could only assume that they made up excuses as well.

"Well what is it you wanted to talk about?" I asked once we all sat down. It made me uneasy when all they did was look at eachother uncomfortably.

"Well you see Neji the thing is... uh... how should I put this..." Lee mumbled scratching the back of his head nervously.

That made me internally cringe. He knew something. Something that he shouldn't have. I frowned at this. Thats when Shikamaru stepped in.

"Lee and I were wondering..." Shikamaru started before I sighed cutting him off. I knew what they wanted.

"You want to know about Masato dont you?" I asked closing my eyes with a sigh. I heard silence and uncomfortable shifting.

Taking a deep breath I decided it was best to see how much they knew before I started.

"So how much do you know?" I asked opening my eyes calmly. I quickly surveyed the area to make sure no one we knew was listening in before letting them start.

"Uhm... I overheard you talking with him on our mission." Lee mumbled looking down.

"How much of that conversation did you hear?" I asked looking at him. I was studying both of them. Lee looked nervous however Shikamaru looked nonchalant. Like he knew how I'd react. And he probably did. Thats just who he is.

"Uhm... I heard that you two kissed." Lee said nervously looking down at the table. I sighed once again. I took in a deep breath before deciding to respond.

"You misunderstood. He kissed me. I never kissed him nor did I respond to the kiss Lee." I answered back making him snap his head up in my direction. His eyes were wide in shock.

"I told you." Shikamaru said looking to him. Lee just laughed embarrassed for his mistake. "Now then Neji..." he looked to me seriously.

"What is it?" I asked. His change in demeanor made it obvious he was serious.

"Why do you lead him on like that?" He asked me frowning. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. Again they were misunderstanding the situation.

"What exactly do you mean? I wasn't leading him on nor was I flirting. First off I went to that forest to be alone. Masato followed me." I started looking towards him. Shikamaru didn't seem satisfied with that answer though. "Masato knows  I love michigo. Lee if you heard that whole conversation than you'd know what Masato's after." I looked to them. They looked between each other confused. Once again making me sigh.