Chapter 12 A New Type of Training

I woke up to the sound of someone in my kitchen. I sat up and froze until I remembered it was Almira. It was only her second day.

I have to learn to get used to that.

I got up and went to bathroom to do my necessities. After I went to kitchen to get something to eat and see what Almira wanted to talk about. Since she wasn't here last night when I got home. I had a feeling that. It might have something to do with Neji. My thoughts were confirmed when she spoke to me.

"So Michigo. I saw you get anxious with Tenten around. Especially when she's around Neji. Mind explaining?" She pushed for answers and gently as possible. I gulped for air. I really didn't want tto be having this conversation right now.  Actually I never wanted to have this conversation at all.

"Well... uhm... you see..." I just couldn't spit the words out. I was so nervous.  I don't know how on earth he can make me this nervous just talking about the guy. She gave me a look that was forcing me to continue. I could've swore my heart stopped when looked at me. We snapped our heads into the direction of my door. I let out a sigh of relief knowing that we couldn't continue this conversation right now. Before I opened the door she warned me that we would continue this later.

"Uhm... hey Neji." I said nervously. I guessed that I was still nervous from thinking about him. He gave me a weird look noticing my nervousness.

"Michigo. Why so nervous? Are you ok?" He asked clearly worried. I was getting mixed signals from the guy all the time making me confused. It was so irritating.

"Yes she's fine. We were just discussing some things." Almira answered for me since apparently I wasnt fast enough. Neji slowly nodded his head. He wasn't convinced.

So apparently he knows me better than I thought. I'm just glad he let it go. For now at least.

"Come on you guys. Lets go to the training grounds." Neji said snapping me out of my thoughts. I gave him a nod and looked to Almira to see if she was ready.

"I'm ready lets go." Almira answered me. after we locked my door we headed out there. What confused me was that he came to get me.

Why would he want to walk me to the training grounds? He's got Tenten. Maybe I should ask.

"Hey why didn't you just go straight to the training grounds?" I asked voicing my thoughts. He just acted like he didn't hear me which irritated me. I felt a nudge from my left side. Knowing it was Almira I looked to see what she wanted. She didn't say anything just gestured me to look in Neji's direction. I looked at him but apparently I wasn't seeing what she was. So she shook her head and rolled her eyes. I figured she would tell me later when we finish that uncomfortable conversation. Apparently she saw something in him that I didn't. I just couldn't figure out what though. When we got there I saw Lee there doing push ups.

I wonder does he do this everytime he waits? More importantly am I? Geez I hope not. That's tiring.

"So Michigo I have some ankle weights. Put them on and then when you're ready we will take a jog around the village." Lee said as we got closer. I looked to Neji to wave him off but he just went straight to Tenten. That was starting to break my heart. Seeing him with her, not even saying good luck or good bye.

I was right about him. He doesn't care.

With that in mind I decided to work harder tto improve myself and hopefully catch his attention. If that's what he wants. Then when I have it I'm going to do the same thing to him.

"Ok. Let us go." Lee said to me once I was finished putting them on. I stood up and immediately feel back down at the weight of these.

"What the hell Lee?!" I snapped. He looked sheepishly at me while scratching the back of his neck.