Chapter 18 Friend or Enemy?

I decided to start off the fight. He said he wanted to see my crystal style so he's going to see it.

"Crystal style : crystal shuriken jutsu." I said starting off. I could tell he put lightning chakra into his blades. Which sharpens the blade.

He simply cut right through all of them. That left me stunned.

"Well? Is that all you got?" He asked. He was definitely taunting me. This made me angry but I knew I had to keep calm or else he would take advantage of it. He was playing a dangerous game.

Perhaps he is stronger than me. I mean my water style, earth style, and obviously now crystal style are rendering useless.

"Show me what you got girl." He smirked. He knew how to counter my jutsu. Right now he was just toying with me.

"Crystal style: growing crystal thorns." I yelled as my jutsu started rising he immediately cut through all of them stopping my jutsu.

I heard Guy sensei gasp. He was just now finding out that my crystal style has a weakness and that weakness would be Masato.

"So she does have a weakness after all." I heard Tenten comment. I could only imagine her smirking.

"Come on sweetheart you were also lord orochimaru's student. You got to have more jutsu than that. I'm only getting started." I wasn't sure but I could've swore I heard Neji grunt back there. Probably because he called me sweetheart and we were on the same team.

"Alright fine. Lets get serious." I said with a serious face.

"Wind style: scattering flower dance." I yelled. I wasn't bound to use crystal style anymore. It was useless against him. Now that I think about it most of my jutsus are rendered useless against his lightning style. He was cocky because he obviously knew that.

Damn him. No wonder he was so cocky.

My jutsu hit him but before it did put his blades together above him sending a bolt of lightning into the sky.

"Lighting style: thundergate." He yelled right as I hit him with my jutsu pushing him back making him hit the tree behind him.

Oh shit he's fast.

I looked up to the sky watching as clouds gather above us or rather me.

Just then a bolt of lightning struck me. I screamed so loud the two jonin had to stop the fight. That was real lightning he hit me with.

But it seems as if I injured him as well as he was cut all over his body.

"Were you trying to kill me?" I asked getting up on shaky legs. I told Guy sensei and Captain Yamato that I was ok. They nodded reluctantly and went back to the sidelines.

"Sweetheart why would I try to kill my own teammate?" He asked. He was more like flirting. I don't know but I think it was to get under Neji's skin.

"That was real lightning you hit me with!" I was in so much pain. I felt as though I was fried to a crisp but I didn't want to look weak in front Neji or Tenten. She already taunts me from the jonin exams.

"Oh I know. I could've made it hit harder but I didn't. I know just how much chakra to use. I knew it wouldn't have killed you. Just immobilize you but considering you're still able to stand means I didn't put enough chakra into that. However I know my next move will do you in so I will give in." He was confident and he had every right to be. He was definitely strong. Perhaps even stronger then me.

"Wait. You give up?" I asked shocked. He was stronger then me and he's giving up?

"Yes sweetheart I give up. I don't want to kill my own teammate now do I?" He smiled this time. No smirking.

"Oh well I guess not." I said wincing in pain as I clutched onto my stomach.

"Rintaru help her to the hospital. Get her checked out and next time why don't we avoid using real lightning. Ok?" Captain Yamato commanded. Rintaru nodded and chuckled.

"Ok I guess I'll have to save that jutsu for the enemy. Come on sweetheart lets get you to the hospital." Rintaru said putting his blades away.

"Captain Yamato. I can take her." Neji volunteered. My heart skipped a beat when I heard that. Rintaru chuckled quietly as he helped me walk.

"No its alright. Rintaru will take her. Its his jutsu. He will explain it to Lady Tsunade when they get there." Captain Yamato replied. "Now Masato lets work on your wind style and fire style."

"Ok." Masato agreed before they started training.

"Ok lets start your sparring too." Guy sensei said. When I looked back to Neji I could see he was unhappy that he couldn't help me.

When we were far enough away masato finally started talking.

"So sweetheart. You like that guy? The one with the long brown hair?" He asked me. He wiggled his eyebrows making me blush.

I couldn't respond. I was too embarrassed.

"So it is true." He continued. He winked at me. Making me blush even more.

"Is it that obvious ?" I asked. He laughed before nodding. "Wow. How embarrassing."

"Its ok sweetheart. I could tell he likes you too." He said sweetly. He was trying to put my mind at ease.

"He's right you know." Almira said out of no where. I jumped about a mile. I completely forgot about her since she was off to the side watching me and analyzing the fights.

"Damn it. Why do you have to pop up out of no where? You scared the living shit out of me." I said putting my free hand on my heart in hopes of calming it down.

Almira and Rintaru both laughed. Which made me groan.