chapter 26 Invasion

Neji pov

"Hey Neji." I heard Guy sensei yell. Upon hearing him call my name I turned around to see the other jounin serious.

"What is it Guy sensei? " I asked politely. I started to walk over calmly. From their approach I could tell that something had happened. And that when they stopped my fight just now it wasnt by accident.

And it wasnt due to Michigo being unprepared. She was stronger than that.

"Seems like there's an intruder. Somewhere. We need you and the other genin to go around the village to see if you find anything suspicious." Guy sensei answered seriously as I walked up.

"What?" I asked frowning. "Does that mean when you stopped me earlier, it means I didn't do anything wrong?"

"Thats correct. We need you genin at full strength in case you are forced to engage." Kakashi sensei said watching me.

"You should split into teams. With one sensory type in each one. If you can." Asuma sensei commanded as the rest of them came over.

"Alright then." I said simply. "I'll take Lee and Rintaru."

"Very well then. Let's go to the east side of the village." Lee said with passion. I looked back to them frowning, nodding before taking off.

I dont know if that was my imagination or not but I swore i just saw hurt cross michigos face.

Sorry Michigo. But the enemy is over this way. I dont want you to get hurt.

Once we were far away enough from the others I sped up. Lee had expected it but seemed like Rintaru isn't that good at running either.

"Hurry up. The enemy is over this way." I commanded running faster.

"Neji are you sure about this?" Lee asked seriously catching up to me. I looked at him and nodded. There was no hesitation. He nodded in understanding.

"Wait you already know where this guy is?" Rintaru asked struggling to keep up. I looked over at him frowning.

"Yes I do. I had sensed something off in this direction earlier." I explained looked ahead activating my byakugan.

"Why didnt you tell them back there?" He asked frustrated. He frowned at me. He would never understand even if I had to spell it out for him.

"If we want to catch him off guard dont you think a small group of elites are better then everyone searching at once?" I ignored his question.

"Elites?" He asked still processing what I said. "If so we should've grabbed Michigo instead."

"Are you saying my teammate is incompetent?" I accused. Lee immediately perked up when I asked that. He too was frowning.

Rintaru started stumbling over his words. He didn't want to hurt Lee's feelings but Michigo would have been a better partner. At least in his eyes.

"I've been training along side Lee a lot longer than you have with her." I said frowning. He was getting on my nerves.
He frowned at me.

"Why take me then? She's a better fighter then me?" I had no idea what his endgoal was but it was irritating.

"She's not in the right mindset right now." I answered looking forward. "Not if she can get mixed up with a simple mind game." I frowned.

"Did you do that on purpose?" He asked darkly. I didnt answer. Which irritated him even more.

"Neji are we getting close?" Lee asked changing the subject.

"Byakugan." I said. I frowned and looked around us. "There." I whispered stopping. Lee stopped suddenly alongside me. But Rintaru was startled and stumbled over his feet at the abrupt stop.

"Where?" Lee asked whispering looking off in the direction I was staring.

"There. That man. His chakra isn't normal." I whispered hiding. I was studying him when all of a sudden we heard Rintaru gasp.

I looked over to him and saw his eyes wide with fear.

"What is it? Do you know him?" I asked curious.

"Yeah. From lord orochimaru. He was one of his top henchmen. He's another web user. Similar to kidomaru." He whispered. I looked over to him to see him exiting the village.

"Damn." I cursed taking off after him. "Lee stop him!" I yelled running off after him.

"Wait! Hes leaving let him go!" Rintaru said with fear. I frowned at him.

"Yes but he took something with him." I said. "The same scrolls you took when you left." I glared.

His eyes widened with fear and guilt.

"Was that your goal? To deceive us? Are you working with them?" I accused.

"N-no I-I we arent. I swear!" He panicked. Putting his hands up in front of him. Lee had taken off to stall the man. He was faster then us. There's no question that Lee can hold his own.

"If you guys are lying to us I'll never forgive you." I whispered before going after Lee. Although with my threat he immediately came after me.

We caught up to find him a few ways outside the village.

He's fast. But we can't let him get away. He could destroy the village with those. And right after an attack too.

I thought catching up. I saw lee was trapped by his webs.

"So another one to stop me huh? A simple traveler." He smirked. He was toying with us. Toying with our minds.

But sadly for him nothing escapes my byakugan.

"Stop with the act. You're not fooling anyone." I said in harsh demanding tone.

"Well well. You must be the prodigy that defeated kidomaru." He said smirking. Rintaru was hiding.

Coward. At least get backup.

"Give us back those scrolls and surrender now. I will not say it again. I frowned. "Lee get back and wait for your chance." I whispered out cutting his webs that were holding him.

He nodded and jumped back with Rintaru.

Good now I can fight him without worrying. Lee will get his chance.

"I don't know what you two are thinking but I'm not as soft as kidomaru." He spat out.

He started out by spitting out his webs at me. They were similar to kidomaru's but the texture was different. It was smooth like silk but sticky to where you csnt break free of it. Also it too had a chakra network flowing through it.

Too bad for him as I cut them down easily with my gentle fist.

He started out by using those same markings that Sasuke and that web chakra user had. He didn't go to second state though. Just first to where those markings crossed his body.

They were different. He was in a different league. His chakra was a lot stronger then the previous one.

How was i going to fight him?

I need to calm down and assess the situation.