chapter 34 Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Neji pov

I walked into the Hyuga compound only to be met with Hinata. I bowed respectfully to her and ate my dinner.

I was about to head to my room when she stopped me.

"Uhm brother Neji?" Her voice was barely above a whisper but I was close enough to hear her. So I turned around in question. She was fidgeting with her fingers making me frown.

She's nervous?

"D-do you ... uhm ..." she started but trailed off not knowing how to put her question into words.

"Yes what is it Lady Hinata?" I asked fully turning around and looking to her patiently. She looked all around but at me.

"Do you have a crush?" She asked quietly. My heart skipped a beat. I was thankful that it was dark because i felt my cheeks heating up.

I felt her getting anxious so I took a silent deep breath before answering.

"Why do you ask?" I asked evasively. I did the best to contain myself. I was only glad that my brief misstep bypassed her.

"Well ... it was just that Tenten ... hmm..." I could tell that she was nervous about asking. I didnt know who told her to ask or what Tenten wanted but I knew Tenten liked me. She made it obvious.

"I don't know who told you what but I already know that Tenten likes me. She has for a while." I answered quickly cutting her off. Tenten was irritating. She was relentless. Even if it wasn't direct.

"Oh." Hinata said quietly. Hinata had looked down in sadness. I couldnt see her exactly but I knew this because I was able to see her figure. Sighing I knew I had to elaborate.

"I don't like her. She already knows." I said with a calm voice trying to bring her up. I hated to see her sad. Besides I didnt want anyone from the main house seeing her in this state because of me. I would surely get punished.

"Oh ok then." She said neutrally. I inwardly sighed in relief.

"If that is all I'd like to go to bed now." I silently demanded to leave. She bid me goodnight before leaving. I answered her quietly before quietly entering my room.

I had closed the door turning my back towards my bed. I silently activated my byakugan.

Sure enough those were here sitting quietly on my bed. It was similar to last time when Masato had been here last time.

I sighed heavily deactivating my byakugan closing the door fully. I had quickly checked the surrounding area outside to see three anbu black ops sitting in the trees watching.

They reminded me of shadows. If I didn't know any better I'd think they were statues.

"Alright what are you doing here?" I asked turning around. I had frowned trying to see better. But to no avail.

Annoyed with them not answering me I activated my byakugan again. It was then that one of them sighed.

"Guess you caught us." I heard Masato's voice speak up with a sigh.

"You really expect to sneak up on a Hyuga? You're a fool." I said rudely. I wasnt going to be nice. Not anymore.

I had been warned by the Anbu that they could be traitors as well.

"Why are you so cold love?" Masato asked. It was a genuine question but for some reason it irked me.

"Cut with the lies." I glared at what I hoped was him. After all I was only able to see his chakra.