chapter 27 At Death's Door Once Again

Neji pov

I could tell he was getting frustrated when his attacks kept getting cut down.

"Those eyes of yours." The enemy started staring intently at me. He was studying my every move.

"What about them?" I asked frowning getting into stance poised for an attack. I wasnt about to deactivate my byakugan. I also needed to keep in mind that I had two comrades hiding.

"They can see the chakra network cant they?" He stated more to himself. He squinted his eyes frowning. Probably thinking of a way to get around my jutsu.

"Yes but it doesn't matter as your within range of my eight trigrams." I said getting into the 64 palms stance. Smirking at his confusion.

I wasnt about to let him get away from me or have anytime to prepare any defenses. I had learned from fighting that other guy. I gave him enough time to respond. Which unfortunately lead to me in the hospital.

"Gentle fist art, eight trigrams:  64 palms!" I yelled running close to him. "Eight trigrams: 2 palms! 4 palms! 8 palms! 16 palms! 32 palms! 64 palms!" I yelled finishing him off. He flew backwards landing hard on his back.

I calmed down and watched him
Watching to see of he would get up. But of course, Lee, thinking it was over came down to join me.

However that other coward still stayed hidden. Why? I had no idea. It irked me too. To think that he was hiding. After this i was going to watch him and the other two closer from now on. Until I see for myself that they aren't lying about being our allies.

As much as it pained me to doubt her I didnt trust her. The village came first.

"Damn. Glad I glossed myself with silk to cover the chakra points at the last minute." He said getting up. I looked him over and i saw what looked to be a thin white cloth of silk covering him. It was as thin as paper but hard as steel. And he wasnt taking it off. Not right away anyway.

So how was I going to fight him? It had to be Lee to fight him. But if he did he would only be stopped and caught in his silk. So what was i to do?

I frowned thinking of a way to defeat him. That lightning style of Rintaru's had a good chance of stopping him but he was too much of a coward to even come down and try.

That silk was proving to be a problem, also long range wasnt to my advantage.

Grunting out in frustration made him chuckle at me. He knew i was in a bind and he thought it was funny. Which irked me even more.

"Lee we need to get that Armor off." I said frowning. I watched him stand up and smirk at me.

"I agree. Don't you worry. I'll get it off." He said seriously. He got into position to fight him. "Lets do this." He challenged him.

Lee was a lot faster and stronger then I, so I knew he'd be able to get through it. But without my gentle fist he'd only get stuck. So I ran at him keeping up with Lee.

I had my palm up, chakra flowing through it. I had put more chakra then normal. I was going to finish him the minute i saw an opening.

"Take this! Leaf hurricane!" Lee yelled swinging his leg at him full force. I frowned at him. It wasnt sticky like before. When Lee kicked the guy had dodged. Trying to evade it.

I smirked. Those he threw at me werent his webs. And judging from his actions just now he didnt have any more.

Is he a summoner?

"Lee fall back for now. This guy is different. I dont know what's going on. That coat is definitely his but those webs he threw at me werent his." I explained jumping back a few feet.