chapter 33

Neji pov

It was the next morning and I was heading towards the training grounds. I was preparing myself to see him. I had to a t as if nothing happened.

"Hey Neji!" I looked up to Naruto and the rest of the genin excluding Sasuke of course.

"You're late." I looked over to Ino staring at me with her hands on her hips frowning.

I looked up to the sky in thought. They were playing me. I was on time. As usual.

"No I'm not. Unless there was information I wasnt aware of." I said looking back to her wiping all thoughts of anything except training.

"Well now that you're here wanna spar with me?" Lee asked hopeful. I shook my head in apology.

"Sorry Lee it was Naruto I was hoping to spar with." I said walking over to the middle of the field. My eyes not once left Naruto's.

"Oh really?  Ready to lose again?" Naruto grinned confidently. I smirked back.

"Not today Naruto. I wont lose a second time." I said getting into my stance and activating my byakugan.

"Alright then." He said seriously. Everyone had gone off to the side. They were excited for some reason.

Well it was the top genin fighting. Some of them hadn't seen our full fight. And there were some that hadn't seen it and wanted to. Like Lee.

"Ready when you are." I said watching him closely. Just like last time the air around us started picking up. And I was wondering why. But it wasnt the time nor place to ponder things. Not if I wanted to be pounded into the ground.

"Shadow clone jutsu!" He yelled conjuring up 6 clones. He decided to surround me. He was mixed in so I couldn't pick him out among the others.

Frowning I watched for an attack. The one directly behind me threw some shuriken forcing me to move slightly to the right to avoid them.

Instead they took out his own clone in front of me.

That makes it better for me.

"You think I'm too much of a chicken to fight you up close?" Naruto yelled coming from all angles. "Think again!"

I poured some chakra into the palms of my hands and hit the two in front of me. I destroyed those clones.

I hit the right arm of the two on either side and pushed them into the one front and behind. Destroying those clones.

Just one left. Above me.

"Oh crap." Naruto mumbled watching me grin. I poured chakra into both hands and slammed them into the front of his chest blocking a few of the main chakra points. As he flew backwards I heard many worried gasps. Including Hinata's.

"Now you're within range." I said frowning down at him as he struggled to get up. I had hit him hard. I knew this wouldn't be able to finish him remembering the last time he brought out a different kind chakra after I blocked his.

"Huh? Oh crap." He mumbled struggling to get up.

"Its futile. Gentle fist art: eight trigrams sixty four palm." I said getting into the stance. Watching him finally stand up. That made it easier for me. "Eight trigrams: 2 palms, 4 palms, 8 palms, 16 palms, 32 palms, 64 palms." I yelled slamming my fingers into each chakra point harder then the last. He flew several feet backwards as I finished.

"Naruto!" Kiba yelled worried. I glanced over at them. Some people like Shikamaru and Shino weren't worried. They remember this part. He still beat me after I had blocked his chakra network. But those like Lee, Kiba, and Hinata hadnt.